Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best time to buy Lego at the Toys r us sale?

Default Best time to buy Lego at the Toys r us sale?

When is a good time to buy from toys r us? I saw heaps of lego sets and wondering when i should buy them before scalpers get to them first.

As of yesterday the Lego had gone to 10% off and action figures 15%.

I think its a waiting game still, I mean they used to have 20% off lego sales fairly regularly, I think the last one I used was the buy two get second set half price.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

TRU Lego down to 25% off now.
    Shelves are still very well stocked in Townsville store. I think the crows are circling talking to another AFOL in the store, I'll start to bite at 30% off.

Most of what they have is ‘old stock’ from the first half of the year. They only Lego worth getting at even 30% off are the sets that are exclusive to them. Ninjago City is a good one to get though if you find it.

It’s a shame the first thing they did was shut down their online store, I wanted to get my son the kylo ren tie fighter but for those who live in regional areas as myself will just have to continue to pay rrp or above at myer and toy world.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    It’s a shame the first thing they did was shut down their online store, I wanted to get my son the kylo ren tie fighter but for those who live in regional areas as myself will just have to continue to pay rrp or above at myer and toy world.
    Pretty sure that's still well and truly shelf warming at our TRU. I'll keep you updated if you like. I know postage might suck with the box, but putting the bags in a pre paid satchel could be a viable option.

Anyone know if there are any Ninjago City Sets still around at a store in NSW? The closer to Newie the better, but I can make a trip if required.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Pretty sure that's still well and truly shelf warming at our TRU. I'll keep you updated if you like. I know postage might suck with the box, but putting the bags in a pre paid satchel could be a viable option.
    Thanks for the offer Jits, unfortunately like you said postage still kinda offsets the discount so hopefully if they increase the discount and they still have them I will most likely take you up on your offer. Thanks again

My local TRU has boxes and boxes of Lego Batman and Ninjago minifigure blind bags, still a tad over $4 each. My kids love them, so I’m waiting for them to drop a bit more ($2-3) before I go a bit nuts. They’ve all been out quite a while so I hope that stock lasts that long (so far so good) as collectors that really want them already have them.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!