Thread: Travis Knight confirms movie is in Bayverse & a look at G1 inspired TFs (spoilers).

Default Travis Knight confirms movie is in Bayverse & a look at G1 inspired TFs (spoilers).

Here's a video with Knight going over his thoughts on the G1 inspired Transformers from Bumblebee and the G1 Transformers that inspired them. Also, Travis Knight confirms that Bumblebee is in the Bayverse.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...designs/42633/

I'm happy with that there were plenty of tie ins to the first movie it just makes sense. Where Transformers as a movie franchise goes from here is a mystery, but to me this is a nice way to say goodbye to the Bayverse if it happens at least it started and ended well.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Here's a video with Knight going over his thoughts on the G1 inspired Transformers from Bumblebee and the G1 Transformers that inspired them. Also, Travis Knight confirms that Bumblebee is in the Bayverse.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...designs/42633/
    Dammit!!!

There goes the hope of a complete reboot....

Maybe Knight had to appease his backers and Producers (which includes Bay), to have a chance of getting another go at directing Transformers.
    To me the events in the Bumblebee Movie makes more sense to be a new series, that just has some borrowed elements of the old series (like the original cartoon and comic having many similar elements, but were unrelated)... because now they have to have a plausible reason why Megatron and the Cube were not discovered when the Decepticons were plugged into everything, including Sector 7s computers, or during the 20 years that Bots were now on Earth (from 1987 until when the 2007 when they are finally accidentally found), and explain why various bots on Earth (like Optimus) leave Earth at some point and then come back without any indication that they have been here before.
    Not to mention, we have recently learnt that main cast Autobots have been on Earth throughout its History (according to the archival images in The Last Knight), that were again being unacknowledged in a movie that was produced after TLK (obviously they couldn't mention it in earlier movies... but those later movies should have been written to plausibly explain why pre-history elements were absent in earlier movies).
    If it is officially in the Bay-universe, Knight's path to the Dark Side is now complete...

In another two interviews (pasted here), he confirms that the Bumblebee Movie is in the existing continuity because he originally wanted to include Megatron in the Fall of Cybertron scenes, but conceded that he couldn't be there because he was currently frozen on Earth.

“I had this whole thing boarded where we’re we see [Decepticon leader] Megatron and he comes in like Sauron, just blowing sh-t up and laying waste to everything,” It was at this point in the idea that he realized Megatron was frozen on Earth during the time period which Bumblebee takes place (the late 1980’s) as revealed in 2007’s original Transformersmovie.
    So even though I really wanted to see G1 Megatron on the battlefield at the fall Cybertron, I couldn’t do it,” Knight said. “But I wanted to fit as much of this G1 stuff I loved in there, and so I put my favorite characters in. Obviously, there are ones I wish I could put in there, and I would love to see an entire movie about the fall of Cybertron because I think it’s awesome, but just to be able to visit it for a moment, to see the Cybertron of my imaginations on the big screen, it was a real thrill.”

(it also says that those Cybertron scenes occurred in "present day", and not millions of years ago when the Cube was launched into space after Megatron first conquered Cybertron... so should the Movie universe characters Ironhide, Ratchet and Arcee look Gen1-ish and have Gen1 colours, since those scenes were 20 years ago, and we've seen them in pre-history scenes or historical pictures in their Bay Universe forms?)

This also means, that if Knight has his wish to do a Fall of Cybertron movie, the main bad guy of the franchise (Megatron) won't be in it... except if they rope in some flashbacks just to include him (and his toys).