Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 - How many TF's did you get, which were your rarest & fav's?

Number of figures : 218 not counting the ones in my POL in BBTS right now.

Favorite: hmmm tough one coz the figure I like most is an unofficial one (Green Giant) and isnt counted, but among the valid I would say botcon runamuck and runabout.

Rarest: I wouldn't call it rare.... G1 Metalhawk.... mebbe count G1 Vroom in too considering its hard getting the figure.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Number I got this year: about 50.

Favourite acquisition(s): Masterpiece Grimlock, by far.

Rarest acquisition: probably Classics Voyager Optimus Prime. I paid more than a sane amount for him (which I don't regret at all).

It's been a good start to my collection. I started half-way through the year, so that averages to about a couple each week for the last 5 months. The only limit on my collecting at this point is lack of space to show them all off.

Number of Transformers I got this Year: At a guess 100 (CBFed counting them)

Favorite Acquisition/s of the Year: Tough call, love all the MPs i got but probably MP Sideswipe for sentimental reasons

Rarest I got this Year: G1 Trypticon or G1 Scorponok

Number I got this year: Don't care. As long as progress is being made.

Favourite acquisition(s): MyClone Thundercracker.

Rarest acquisition: White Ravage decoy.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Yeah, but are you using the UCM?
    Don't you be mocking the UCM Mr!!

This is griffin's counting method. Basically anything that satisfies these four conditions count:
    1) It's an official Transformers product
    2) It is a toy product that is intended to be played with
    3) If it is included with another toy, it must be intended to be a stand alone toy and isn't required to complete another figure
    4) Must be in playable condition

Just in case this gets off-topic, I was joking. I think the UCM is a great way of comparing collection data year-to-year as long as people follow the agreed method of counting.

Carry on
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Megatron Guest

1. How many TFs did I get this year? To be honest, and as someone else has already so eloquently put it, I CBFed counting them. I lack the room to bring them all out for a proper count anyways. If I was to guesstimate, I'd say about 100 maybe? I really don't know.

2 & 3. For me, my rarest TFs that I got this year also happen to be my faves:

G1 Megatron MISB and Botcon 2008 SG Megatron. Also of note is my 2012 SG Soundwave. I would also include my Botcon 2008 SG Starscream which I bought last month, but just got today so it just misses out for the 2012 list. Oh yeah, I also love my vintage KO Astro Magnum. I have so many other faves, but they are not as rare as the above.

My fave and most rare non-toy item also deserves a mention: an Artist Proof SDCC 6" Palisades Polystone statue of Megatron.

Why say KO Astro Magnum. It's real.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Why say KO Astro Magnum. It's real.
    +1 QFT. Though technically speaking it's not a Transformer either. It's a legitimate pre-Transformer. But Shockwave has appeared in his Astro Magnum colours in legit Transformers artwork before...
    http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/0/0c/St...BattleCons.jpg

Megatron Guest

I'm going to continue this topic in the ID help section.