View Poll Results: Where should High Moon Studio's go next with the WFC/FOC storyline?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adventures through space (Transformers Exiles)

8 40.00%
  • Crashed Ark on Prehistoric Earth (Beast Wars)

2 10.00%
  • The bots and cons awakening in 1984 (G1)

8 40.00%
  • Other

2 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to next for the WFC/FOC games and storyline?

Default Where to next for the WFC/FOC games and storyline?

Where should High Moon Studios go with the Transformers Brand after Fall of Cybertron?

Whether you loved it or hated it (for the record I LOVED it), Fall of Cybertron and its predecessor have made a significant impact of the TF world. Two games, a couple of dozen toys (some great, some not so hot), online comics, an art book, T-shirts and so on. Hasbro has even said that the events portrayed in the games can be considered official cannon.

So the question is – Where to now?

I will list some of the more obvious ideas that have occurred to me and most likely you as well. These are ideas that would continue the storyline already established in the first two games:

Transformers Exiles: Following the events of the book ‘Transformers Exiles’ where both crews encounter different planets on their way to Earth. There are already some parallels such as Trypticon being converted into the Nemesis. Would be great to see a level on Junkion in particular, and it certainly would open up a multitude of options for level and enemy design with an entire galaxy to choose from.

Transformers Beast Wars: Following the adventures of the latter series of Beast Wars, the game could show the Ark & Nemesis crashing after coming out of the wormhole they entered at the end of FOC, then start at the point of the story where the Maximals have discovered and are defending the Ark while the Predacons try to invade it, all as our G1 heroes slumber offline. Could make for a nice ending with the reappearance of the Nemesis, as well as placating all the Beast Wars fans who have waited a long time for a game.

Transformers G1: 1984, everyone wakes up, everyone gets Earth alt-modes, everyone begins to fight – nuff said! Toywise this could be a dream come true and let’s face it, who wouldn’t love to hoon through the desert as Jazz, speakers blaring as Sunstreaker, Tracks, Sideswipe & Smokescreen drive beside you! Or flying through the air as Starscream with his 5 Seekers, waiting to rain down destruction on the Autobots! The downside of all this of course – humans.

So do you think that the next game should go down one of these three paths, or can you see another path that the game could take while still continuing on with the storyline of the first two?

Please bear in mind, this thread is to discuss this series of games in particular. If we just open it up to discussing possible games based around TF4, other genre’s such as the Unicron Wars, or what you think would make a cool Transformers game in general we could be here a long time.

it's gotta be transformers G1.

If the game is being hoehorned into the Prime books/Exiles series then it has to take that route.

Hopefully it takes the whole "lost in space" angle rather than the pre-existing scenarios. Lets just hope it is better than the novels. They are poorly written tripe for the most part.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Hopefully it takes the whole "lost in space" angle rather than the pre-existing scenarios. Lets just hope it is better than the novels. They are poorly written tripe for the most part.
    Couldn't agree more about the books - Exiles in particular I was particularly disappointed with. Personally I didn't mind the Keepers Trilogy from the DW universe.

I don't care where storywise as long as they make the gameplay more interesting.

As in make it actually interesting.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I'd prefer adventures in space. G1 has been covered well enough for now. Heck they could even keep the game on Cybertron.

I'd be all up for a sequel looking at the state of Grimlock and the Dinobots at the end of FOC.

Check out survivors who didn't make it to the Ark. Fort Max, the pacifist desperately trying to find a way off after deciding that fighting Scorponok is a no win situation.

Don't like that? Well take it to the events that make Fort Max decide that he is stuck in a vicious circle and go there.

So many possibilities before they get to Earth. The only thing that might be lacking would be big names such as Optimus, Megatron etc. But they could also shift the view to the Wreckers, or Ultra Magnus or even Hot Rod and friends. Heck what were they doing while Op and co were lost in space?

What do I want? Beast Wars! Will we get it? Nope

Even on the off chance that High Moon wants to do Beast Wars, the idea would need to be inline with where Hasbro wants to take the toys.

So I just selected G1

They could also do a prequel to WFC. Deal with the start of the war, the rise of Prime and Megatron, that sort of thing.

Personally, I'd rather see a sequel with some lost-in-space action before reaching Earth, maybe interspersed with a few levels of Tets' idea about checking out the survivors on Cybertron. It'd flesh out the games and get a bit more mileage out of the Cybertronian design style.

I'd like to see the lost in space thing happening. The concept of travelling to different planets allows the game developers so much more freedom for gameplay.

That being said whatever they make I'll probably buy it
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Since the latest toy announcements (METROPLEX!!!!) maybe we should hope that the next game stops by on Nebulous so we can get another huge Fort Max & maybe a Scorponok too