Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro or Taka MP-10

Default Hasbro or Taka MP-10

I can't seem to find any posting about this on the forum, but if you had a choice would you go with the Hasbro or Taka MP-10.

I know the key differences are the eyes, shade of blue/purple and yellow lights at the top as well as the colour of Roller.... but what are people's preferences?

Feel free to slap me around if there is indeed a post/thread on this somewhere

The TakTOM version is undeniably better looking, but about a hundred bucks dearer than Hasbro's at RRP. Hasbro's version isn't as nice looking, but is significantly cheaper. It also depends on whether or not you already have MP01 (or some version of it). If you don't already own any kind of MP Optimus Prime, then TakTOM MP10 might be more enticing. I personally went with Hasbro's because already owning MP01 made me skip TakTOM's MP10, but then when it came out locally at a much cheaper price, I decided to get it. It all depends on your personal preference, but for me, the $100 I saved (more including postage) was used to buy more other Transformers!

I know there was a post somewhere and forgot where, but in regards to sizing up to mp-05 megatron, are they both the same height?

Hasbro.
    I prefer the colours over the TT version & it's cheaper.

WeAllScreamForStarscream, MP Megatron is scaled to MP01, not MP10

Here are some reviews of MP10
    TT
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=12144
    Hasbro
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=14607
    Both
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...sion-2-175551/

Quote Originally Posted by WeallscreamforStarscream View Post
    I know there was a post somewhere and forgot where, but in regards to sizing up to mp-05 megatron, are they both the same height?
    No. MP-01 Optimus is the same size as MP-05 Megs. MP-10 Optimus stands just up to MP-01's chest windows.

If money was no object I'd get the Takara Tomy version.
    But since there's a $100-$150 difference, the Hasbro version is more than adequate.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Here's some size comparison pics between MP01 and MP10, and as others have said, MP Megatron is scaled to MP01.

It would appear that both versions are about the same price now from ebay (hasbro) vs ehobby(TT)... maybe $10-20 difference.... hmmm choices choices

Quote Originally Posted by Myke View Post
    It would appear that both versions are about the same price now from ebay (hasbro) vs ehobby(TT)... maybe $10-20 difference.... hmmm choices choices
    there is also the platinum YOTH prime , that might get a local release later if you want to wait ...but he in gold chrome in some places , which you might / might not like .... and that going to be cheaper .... so more choices for you

Yeah I've seen that - I think I can get over the gold.. its the clear trailer that is off putting

You've pretty much got the differences there. Personally, the Hasbro colours are much better for me. Takara's just looks a bit dead, JMHO.

I'm going ahead with the Platinum Edition, it being the most widely available and cheapest option of the mould currently. Both the Takara MP-10 and Hasbro versions demand very high prices which aren't worth it IMO right now.