Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Titan Wars!

Default Titan Wars!

TITAN WARS!

From box art from the Tokyo toy show everyone is very stoked about the new figures such as Combiner Wars Bruticus and Blaster. But I noticed next to some box art showing what looks like to be Fortress Maximus the words "TITAN WARS"

Do people think this is going to replace Combiner Wars in 2016? If so we may not get the Technobots which would be a shame. But if they do TITAN WARS - we might be looking a bunch of HUGE figures!

By the looks of it Fortress Maximus is all but confirmed. But who else would we get?

Maybe:
    Trypticon
    Scorponok
    Grandus
    Overlord
    Metrotitan (recolour of Metroplex)
    Necrotitan (recolour of Metroplex)
    Grand Maximus (recolour of Fortress Maximus)

Fingers crossed that Titan Wars turns out to be a real thing, but we at least get the Technobots before Combiner Wars comes to a close . Not sure they would have both lines running at once.

P.S: Here is a link to the box art in the story on Seibertron where you can see Titan Wars written next to what appears to be Fort Max:
    http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...nd-more/33252/

And maybe a Titan sized Tidal Wave and Broadside that turned into massive Aircraft Carriers - would make for a lot of play value with the likes of the CW Aerielbots

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    And maybe a Titan sized Tidal Wave and Broadside that turned into massive Aircraft Carriers - would make for a lot of play value with the likes of the CW Aerielbots
    Titan sized Broadside or Voyager? I need a Broadside to go along with Springer and Sandstorm. Tidal Wave should be designed so he could combine with CW Armada Megatron.

Still I would love to see a new Tidal Wave and Broadside. Broadside hasn't had a toy in a while!
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

How about anot her Omega Supreme? Also I really hope they do Computron, my all time favourite combiner.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    How about anot her Omega Supreme? Also I really hope they do Computron, my all time favourite combiner.
    Omega Supreme! How could I forget the big fella

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    Titan sized Broadside or Voyager? I need a Broadside to go along with Springer and Sandstorm. Tidal Wave should be designed so he could combine with CW Armada Megatron.

Still I would love to see a new Tidal Wave and Broadside. Broadside hasn't had a toy in a while!
    Well the discussion thread is about the upcoming TITAN WARS so that's what I'm putting forth - not a discussion about Voyager sized figures, as cool as having a Broadside relatively sized to the other triple changers would be and we would all enjoy

I can just imagine a Titan sized and superbly detailed aircraft-carrier alt-mode - I think it would make an awesome toy!

Interesting to see that Cerebros is drawn with a G1 Marvel/Sunbow accurate head. I wonder if TakaraTOMY will use the same head or have a retooled G1 toy/Toei (The Headmasters) accurate head sculpt. The latter would also make more sense for any future Grand Max or Brave Max repaints of that mould. And it'd be relatively easy enough to just gang mould the Fort Max mould with both variant heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post

It's pretty much impossible to make a properly in-scale Broadside, as you'd either end up with an undersized aircraft carrier, or a ridiculously oversized jet. I'd be happy with either size class.

I'm not actually sure how they will manage a TITAN WARS toyline. I mean, all the collectors would be happy as pigs in muck, but its not like the average set of parents are going to buy 2 or more expensive Titan-class TF's in the one year unless their kid is really into Transformers. One maybe for a birthday or Xmas, but not two in the same year.

Obviously not every toy would have to be Titan sized, just like not every CW toy combines, but you'd expect at least two or three in the same year with a name like that.

A Metrotitan/Necrotitan is an obvious repaint choice, none/little remoulding necessary.

...which reminds me I need to sell my Metrotitan custom before they announce one!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I'm not actually sure how they will manage a TITAN WARS toyline. I mean, all the collectors would be happy as pigs in muck, but its not like the average set of parents are going to buy 2 or more expensive Titan-class TF's in the one year unless their kid is really into Transformers. One maybe for a birthday or Xmas, but not two in the same year.

Obviously not every toy would have to be Titan sized, just like not every CW toy combines, but you'd expect at least two or three in the same year with a name like that.
    I'm wondering if they've seen how well Metroplex sold and the buzz around Devy and realised that while they may not sell the numbers most other TFs sell to casual purchases, the profit margin makes it a worthwhile prospect.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

What if they are thinking of doing online stores only for some Titan Wars figures? Kind of like the Quickslinger/Break Neck situation? Postage would suck, but it would eliminate them having to do normal production runs (and lower the risk of shelf warming big toys.)