Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Umart is getting into toys. Maybe we should email them asking to stock TFs?

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    My question is why would they be getting into toys, unless it’s the big end expensive ones? Surely having general transformers in the smaller classes would not make them enough profit to make it worthwhile?

Of course it is worth inquiring but I can’t see them doing it unless they get hundreds of inquiries.
    They are selling Hatchimals at the moment for $4 each. A little cheaper than we sell them at Big W so they seem to be interested in smaller stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I guess I'm a muggle too as I had to look them up.
    If they really are the largest retailer in the country, it is strange that they aren't a big "brand" name... or even advertise.
    They are so inconspicuous, I looked up the one nearest me on google maps, and realised that I drive past it to and from work each day, and never noticed it.... they just don't even try to grab your attention from the street. Then again, maybe they don't need the extra attention if they are getting enough business already.
    I didn't say they are the largest, just one of the largest. In the PC world in Australia, I think MSY has the most locations but they are always in trouble with the ACCC so you never want to buy a computer or PC parts from MSY. PC Case Gear (PCCG) is probably the largest by volume but they are online only and work out of a couple of buildings in Melbourne that are not open to the public. Umart like MSY has a lot of locations but they have an overall good reputation, they are probably second or third by volume. The only other big one would be Mwave, they are like PCCG and are online only but are a bit smaller operation.

There are a few smaller outfits like Scorptec and PLE. Most are ok to deal with but then you start to get into some really dodgy guys.

So have I heard of them? Yes, for a very long time I have bought bits and bobs there.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I didn't say they are the largest, just one of the largest.
    I saw somewhere on their website them claiming to be the largest, which is what I was referring to.