Page 60 of 183 FirstFirst ... 405055565758596061626364657080 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I only just saw your post here.

I started a new topic here as it was already giving a lot of interesting info on BotCon, but didn't think it was news-worthy for the news section.
    All good - I wasn't sure what to do with it either, which is why I posted here.

This afternoon I called TRU Liverpool to see if they had any AoE Slogs left. I was told that there was. I spelt out the name to the person that I was speaking to and also provided a basic description of the toy, to ensure that he wouldn't confuse it with say Slug. The person said that he was holding the toy in hand and it matched my description, assuring me that it was definitely Slog. I asked him if he could put it aside for me, and he said yes. I then offered to give him my details, but strangely he said that it wasn't necessary and that the toy would be simply put aside for me. Uh... okay. So 21.5km and 35 minutes later, I arrive at TRU Liverpool to collect Slog. It dawns on me that the last time I purchased a Transformer from this store was back in 1995. It was a MOSC G2 Skram. After that fond trip down memory lane, I had a quick peek at the TF section and couldn't see any Slogs. I proceeded to the service counter and informed the girl working there that there was a Slog put aside for me. She checked. There wasn't one.
    I described the person's voice that I spoke to. The girl almost balked when she realised who it was. Now usually when a counter operator calls for someone, they wait patiently for them to arrive or call back. But this girl repeatedly calls for him, pausing only to serve other customers! I'd never seen such urgency, especially from a TRU staff member! I even overhear her saying things like, "Where's 'Bob' (not actual name)? Does he even have the Transformer? What's he doing? Is he even coming down?" with tempered frustration in her voice. Eventually another staff member arrives holding AoE Deluxe Slug in her hand and asks me if this was the toy that I was looking for. I explained to her that it wasn't, and that I was looking for Slog (and again, gave a basic description of the toy). The second girl profusely apologises and said that Bob hadn't put one aside for me!
    Absolutely dumbfounded, I asked her how this could have possibly happened, and why Bob would have told me that he was putting the toy aside and then not bothering to do so. I could see that she was also unhappy with Bob. I asked if she could source one from another TRU and have it sent to a TRU branch closer to me (e.g. Parramatta). She said that she would make some calls and see what she could do. While she was doing this, I remembered that someone had also sighted Slog at Livo Big W, so I ran over there (on the plus side, I got a good work out from it ). I saw Voyager Drift, but no Slog!
    I then briskly walked back to TRU where I saw the second girl that I'd spoken to (the one who said she would try to source another one for me) craning her neck out the exit (the store was officially closed now) looking for me. When she spotted me she smiled and told me that they'd managed to find Slog! By this stage there were quite a few staff members gathered around trying to find the code for the toy, and the manager was there too. I could hear some of the staff members complaining about Bob; it seems that Bob did take this toy off the shelf, but then misplaced it - probably just put it down somewhere random then forgot about it. I asked the girl who served me if he does this often does this sort of thing, and she nodded while rolling her eyes. So kudos to the rest of the staff who persisted and managed to find Slog. However the other staff members were both unsurprised and frustrated with "Bob" indicates that stuff ups are a regular occurrence with him.

Gave myself a mild heart attack this morning. I brought my original BW Rattrap and MW Mirage to school today (re: Year 12 graduation), since those toys came out in 1996 & 97 respectively, the same years that most of this year's Year 12s were born in. During one part of the ceremony, I put Rattrap inside my hat and placed it on a small stack of chairs on the side of the hall. I turned my attention away for maybe a minute, and returned to find only one chair remaining and my hat (and Rattrap) GONE!
    I quickly started shuffling around the side and back of the hall frantically searching for it. I was told by a colleague that some of the science teachers had distributed the chairs out for late arriving guests! I asked one of them, and he told me that he removed my hat and placed it on the floor behind a noticeboard. He pointed at where he'd placed it, but my hat was gone! I then approached another science teacher, who smiled and passed me my hat!

Needless to say, I didn't let the hat (and the toy) leave my side after that.

Does anyone else find it annoying when someone has set up international shipping as a price option in an eBay auction, but "no international bidders" in the description?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Does anyone else find it annoying when someone has set up international shipping as a price option in an eBay auction, but "no international bidders" in the description?
    Yes, that very annoying! I get excited to finally find something I'm chasing, and then the description "no international bidders"

so I was just on the Hasbro site and having a look at some of the toys available on there and decided to check out the generations tab that was available and well didn't I receive a huge shock when I SCCROLLED DOWN AND WAS CONFRONTED WITH NOTHING BUT AGE OF EXTINCTION RUBBISH THIS IS NOT GENERATIONS HASBRO GRRRRRRRR

I even miss some of the last movie toys which I only own one of they have just gone downhill with cheap smaller more expensive pieces of rubbish

^That's exactly how I feel when I walk into any local retail store.

I accidentally knocked my YOTH Optimus off of my desk minutes ago and one of his smoke stacks just broke cleanly in half! It was less that a metre drop (74cm IIRC) and it just snapped. I'm attempting to hot glue it as a temporary fix, but will try to superglue later.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I accidentally knocked my YOTH Optimus off of my desk minutes ago and one of his smoke stacks just broke cleanly in half! It was less that a metre drop (74cm IIRC) and it just snapped. I'm attempting to hot glue it as a temporary fix, but will try to superglue later.
    Would the hot glue leave much residual? If something's snapped off completely, you may have better chance of achieving a less-noticeable result if you skip the hot glue, just go with the industrial stuff later.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Would the hot glue leave much residual? If something's snapped off completely, you may have better chance of achieving a less-noticeable result if you skip the hot glue, just go with the industrial stuff later.
    I tried and it wasn't very visible (I've had a lot of experience from making my foam Iron Man armour) but it just came off. Ended up supergluing and it looks good as new. Hopefully it will hold.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust