Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best place to pre order new MPs

Default Best place to pre order new MPs

Whats the best/cheapest site for us Aussies?

Have a look through here

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    Whats the best/cheapest site for us Aussies?
    Bottom line for Takara products is the cheapest prices are from Japanese sites like HLJ and others. You buy from outside Japan and the prices start to sky rocket.

Have looked at robot Kingdom but u go to pre orders and it looks like they want u to pay upfront,

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    Have looked at robot Kingdom but u go to pre orders and it looks like they want u to pay upfront,

That's correct. Item + shipping upfront. Stores like HLJ however, only request payment once the item is in.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Bottom line for Takara products is the cheapest prices are from Japanese sites like HLJ and others. You buy from outside Japan and the prices start to sky rocket.
    ^This. HLJ and AmiAmi are both based in Japan, so you're getting the toys directly from Japan to you.

Amazon Japan is also a cheap and reliable source if you have access to a Japanese residential address (they don't ship toys internationally; but they do for books!). AnimeExport seem to have good prices too, but as has been mentioned, they require upfront payment. I used Robot Kingdom once, back before they switched to being PayPal only. I found them to be ultimately reliable, but incredibly slow.

I would personally recommend AmiAmi and HLJ.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

But amiami is like sold out 95% of the time when release for pre order?
    I happen to find hobby search stock in more and restock sometimes .
    Hlj is one of the most reliable and best service so far.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    But amiami is like sold out 95% of the time when release for pre order?
    I happen to find hobby search stock in more and restock sometimes .
    Hlj is one of the most reliable and best service so far.
    AmiAmi's a joke & i don't even bother looking there anymore.
    They only seem to get 3 of everything & you can only find out the status of some items only after you've clicked on them. It's annoying when you see something that you like only to find out it isn't available.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    AmiAmi's a joke & i don't even bother looking there anymore.
    They only seem to get 3 of everything & you can only find out the status of some items only after you've clicked on them. It's annoying when you see something that you like only to find out it isn't available.
    I reckon they have the most traffic. I was able to get one mp exhaust from them before they got sold out.

Amiami sells out quickly because their prices are so cheap, and their website is bilingual Japanese/English, allowing them to cater for both the domestic Japanese and overseas Anglophone markets. Considering all of this, whenever they put a toy up for preorder, people jump on them like seagulls brawling over breadcrumbs. But it depends on what the item is. I preordered my TF neck ties earlier this year from Amiami and there was no problem with that. But more higher demand item toys like MPs would be order stopped faster.

But that's why I never recommend Amiami in isolation, because their stuff does get booked out so quickly. HLJ is, IMO, the next best non-Amazon source. Their pre-order prices aren't quite as cheap as Amiami's, but they are still always below RRP, and in the past 11 years I've always found their service to be impeccably reliable. So I wouldn't hesitate to highly recommend HLJ. I've personally never preordered a toy from Amiami before. I did get my Buzz Lightyear Transformer from there as it was shelfwarming and on sale, and as I said, I preordered my TF neckties from them (I'm wearing one right now! ).