Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Things That Aren't Rocket Science.

Default Things That Aren't Rocket Science.

Do you ever get annoyed that Hasbro, Takara Tomy or their franchises don't do something that seems obvious. This thread is for bemoaning that neglect and (maybe/hopefully/eventually) celebrating the things that are obvious that HasTakTom does end up doing.

For example:

Encore Reflector - he/they is/are the Season One toy character left whose mould hasn't been explicitly lost, is owned by Takara and has never been reissued.

Or:

Deluxe Generations Reflector - just recolour Reveal The Shield Perceptor already.

Or, you know, even stuff that doesn't have anything to do with Reflector. If you're frustrated that something in the world of Transformers obviously should have been done, but never was, this is the thread for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Deluxe Generations Reflector - just recolour Reveal The Shield Perceptor already.
    P.S. A reason why this is a particularly obvious move is because lots of people would buy three of these for their collection rather than just one. Ergo, more sales for Hasbro.

* Hasbro Australia: release Generations!!!

* Encore Trypticon

* IDW Megatron with just a rub sign on the chest. Make half of them Autobot and the other half Decepticon, the only way to tell is to buy the toy and open it. It could elicit some collectors to buy multiples in an attempt to get the faction that they want (or one of each), thus more sales for Hasbro (though potentially frustrating for collectors who may have difficulty finding the toy because other people are buying multiples ).

* Generations Voyager IDW Fortress Maximus and Overlord.

* Generations toys based on all the recurring non-toy characters from the IDW comics. Rung could have a motorcycle alt mode (thus making it more saleable) but also could be unofficially transformable into a lever or whatever the hell he transforms into. I'd even accept this being done at the Legends Targetmaster level for Rung.

* Finish all the 1984/85 Autobot Cars as MPs. We already have all 1984 Decepticons as MPs, I'd like to see the 1st year Autobots done too. Now given that Transformers started in Japan in 1985, TakaraTOMY may not care about discerning between the 84 and 85 Cars; both would make equal sense for their market as their Year 1 Autobot cars. There's quite a few redeco potentials too. I hope that TakaraTOMY is already considering this.

* MP Bitstream. They've done Acid Storm, now Sunstorm... bring on Bitstream! (though I wish they'd call him Blizzard Storm or something)

* Deluxe Class Stinger. Considering that this is a freakin' army builder, it could sell rather well like the TF Prime Vehicons.

* Reissue Metro Titan and Grand Maximus as eHobby (or similarly limited) exclusives.

* Generations Titan Class Trypticon

* Generations Titan Class Metro Titan (hey, Hasbro went and made repaints of Energon Omega Supreme and Unicron -- why not Generations Metro Titan? Possibly as a store exclusive). Make a chase Necro Titan. Maintain a windowless box as they did w/ Metroplex, thus the only way to know if you got the rare chase Necro variant or not is to purchase and open the toy.

* Encore, Generations and Masterpiece Time Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    * Hasbro Australia: release Generations!!!

* Encore Trypticon

* IDW Megatron with just a rub sign on the chest. Make half of them Autobot and the other half Decepticon, the only way to tell is to buy the toy and open it. It could elicit some collectors to buy multiples in an attempt to get the faction that they want (or one of each), thus more sales for Hasbro (though potentially frustrating for collectors who may have difficulty finding the toy because other people are buying multiples ).

* Generations Voyager IDW Fortress Maximus and Overlord.

* Generations toys based on all the recurring non-toy characters from the IDW comics. Rung could have a motorcycle alt mode (thus making it more saleable) but also could be unofficially transformable into a lever or whatever the hell he transforms into. I'd even accept this being done at the Legends Targetmaster level for Rung.

* Finish all the 1984/85 Autobot Cars as MPs. We already have all 1984 Decepticons as MPs, I'd like to see the 1st year Autobots done too. Now given that Transformers started in Japan in 1985, TakaraTOMY may not care about discerning between the 84 and 85 Cars; both would make equal sense for their market as their Year 1 Autobot cars. There's quite a few redeco potentials too. I hope that TakaraTOMY is already considering this.

* MP Bitstream. They've done Acid Storm, now Sunstorm... bring on Bitstream! (though I wish they'd call him Blizzard Storm or something)

* Deluxe Class Stinger. Considering that this is a freakin' army builder, it could sell rather well like the TF Prime Vehicons.

* Reissue Metro Titan and Grand Maximus as eHobby (or similarly limited) exclusives.

* Generations Titan Class Trypticon

* Generations Titan Class Metro Titan (hey, Hasbro went and made repaints of Energon Omega Supreme and Unicron -- why not Generations Metro Titan? Possibly as a store exclusive). Make a chase Necro Titan. Maintain a windowless box as they did w/ Metroplex, thus the only way to know if you got the rare chase Necro variant or not is to purchase and open the toy.

* Encore, Generations and Masterpiece Time Warrior
    I agree with all of these, especially those about Trypticon. He needs love. I really want a Rung figure as well.

I'd like to add:

-A Decepticon leader MP in the new scale. Galvatron, Megatron, I don't care, just give me one that scales well to MP-10

-Encore/reissue Dinobots- given the spike in Dinobot popularity due to AOE, now seems like a no brainer to reverse engineer moulds to either Takara or Hasbro (preferably the former, though it's less likely). They'd sell pretty well, considering they did the Constructicons and Soundwave. I know Dinobots aren't as popular in Japan as in the Western Transformers fandom, but they're pretty worthy
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Masterpiece conehead seekers. MP-11 recolors as SW and TC would be nice too.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

CAR Arcee... granted that the figure is "said" to be coming up soon but with it 's release being pushed back and back and back and Hasbro's NOTORIOUS history of F@%E^% up this figure and releasing all them 2 wheelers instead or not releasing a planned one at all --- Titanium Arcee. Getting past the big hurdle of issuing the darn generations figure alone is both annoying, exasperating and frustrating as!

figures that even KOers with limited budget can do but HasTakTom seem to really miss the point on why those figures sells - because you freakin won't give us an official one, that's why!!! Stop issuing us endless bumblebee that shelf warms now...

DONT KILL OFF ENCORE LINE TAKARA!!!
    Reissue G1 Dinobots for Encore line....
    I agree with an Encore Reflector
    Encore Coneheads - Thrust and Ramjet - they've already redone dirge so obviously they can do the other two.
    Generations Brawn and Huffer - these two are the only ones left from the early autobots batch that doesn't get a figure
    Encore TrypticonEncore Blitzwing - the mold is there - you've done it for the Booktype reissues why not again? lots of people still need it for their collection
    Encore Sharkticon Gnaw - if the KOer's can do it, so CAN you!! and this is Army builders fodder... those people (eherm) alone can buy a whole lot to cover the sale of said figure.
    Retromould and give us Encore Mirage, Sunstreaker and Wheeljack!!

Generations Kickback - I've seen pics of Bombshell on the way so hopefully they don't F@$% us up by not issuing the 3rd and last one of the trio -

and as an idea I mentioned in another thread - why not make their guns the other two components of Reflector - Targetmaster partners Bombshell could have Spectro and thenKickback can have Spyglass or vicevversa doesn't matter, as long as they DO IT!!

I'd even accept that as Generations reflector... they can then sell it as a three pack even if they don't combine, they can sell it as a weapons upgrade pack /figures kinda like the minicons three packs in Armada. But at least there's a representative of that often forgotten character --- and I thought Skids had the Powers of Obscurity alone....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

For stuff that isn't rocket science, I thought doing toys of characters that have never had a toy before would be a good idea. It's taken nearly 3 decades since their intital appearences to get G1-based Chromia and Arcee toys. So I'd like to see more like that such as Elita-1, a mass produced Devcon etc. Also some Quintesson toys wouldn't go astray so I dont haver to keep buying 3rd party ones.

Also, either a Generations based cartoon or another animated movie - it so could be done!

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Generations Kickback - I've seen pics of Bombshell on the way so hopefully they don't F@$% us up by not issuing the 3rd and last one of the trio -
    Don't think I've seen Bombshell so this is welcome news to me. I quite like FOC Kickback but it would be good to have one in scale with the other two.

Hasbro loves repainting toys, right? Seemingly at random at times, yes? But a blindingly obvious set of repaints they've overlooked is a series of G1 Seekers from the Transmetal Waspinator mold. The thing transforms into a jet!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I would like to retrospectively include the Classicsverse Seekers on this list. Although all of them have now been released as regular store releases, we spent a good five years waiting for it! For half a decade I kept on thinking that releasing all the Seekers was a no-brainer. It eventually was, but talk about a looong wait between figures! Quite a few of us ended up forking out higher prices for the BotCon and Gentei exclusive Seekers because it seemed unlikely at the time that Hasbro would release them in stores. I can't believe that Hasbro released Acid Storm before releasing Thundercracker, Thrust and Dirge! I totally agree with Tober's suggestion of releasing the Coneheads as MPs.

IMO reissuing the Dinobots isn't an "obvious" choice, as TakaraTOMY have reportedly lost the moulds and have stated that even rebuilding part of a mould is very expensive and not worth the expenditure. The only time it's been done was for the reissue of the original G1 Convoy mould, and even then it was really cast from the 1993 G2 mould with reconstructed arms. And of course, that toy has become the single most reissued toy in Transformers history. I'm not sure if the Dinobots have as much re-re-re-re-re-reissue potential, and rebuilding the entire moulds would be more costly than just rebuilding arms. Look at how expensive recent BotCon and TFCC exclusives have become to, I assume, offset the cost of some new heads. Keep in mind that Takara(TOMY) produces reissues in limited numbers too (as they are explicitly targeting the collectors niche market).

CAR Arcee... granted that the figure is "said" to be coming up soon but with it 's release being pushed back and back and back and Hasbro's NOTORIOUS history of F@%E^% up this figure and releasing all them 2 wheelers instead or not releasing a planned one at all --- Titanium Arcee. Getting past the big hurdle of issuing the darn generations figure alone is both annoying, exasperating and frustrating as!
    They have done car Arcees (Binaltech, Animated), but we still haven't had a G1-based Carcee. C'mooon Generations Arcee!! Generations Arcee could very easily be repainted as Paradron Medic.

and as an idea I mentioned in another thread - why not make their guns the other two components of Reflector - Targetmaster partners Bombshell could have Spectro and thenKickback can have Spyglass or vicevversa doesn't matter, as long as they DO IT!!
    ^I like this idea. They could also make more money back from the Insecticons by repainting them as Salvo, Shothole and Zaptrap; again, each with repainted Reflectors. One of them should be a toy-accurate repaint of Viewfinder (i.e. dark blue instead of purple). Repaint another Reflector entirely in silver chrome (so it looks more G1-like in gun mode), and another one where the camera has more G1-accurate colours (e.g. black and silver barrel etc.).

P.S.:
    More obscure character repaints; may be released as limited exclusives or store releases (e.g. MP Acid Storm & Sunstorm, MP Exhaust, Generations Crosscut etc.).
    e.g.
    + Generations & MP Clamp Down
    + Generations & MP Deep Cover
    + MP Diaclone Ultra Magnus
    + Generations & MP generic purple Seeker
    + Generations/United "Protect" Ironhide
    + Generations (FoC) Battle Gaea
    + Generations/United Load Hauler
    + Generations Minimus Ambus (redeco of Generations Orion Pax)
    + Generations Dominus Ambus (redeco of Voyager Optimus Prime)
    + Generations/United Overcharge (repaint of Generations Blitzwing with fixed shoulder!)
    + Generations/United Eject & Rewind (redecos of United Frumble); potential repaints as Rosanna and Flipsides.
    + Generations/United Detritus w/ Glit and/or Howlback
    + Generations (data discs) & MP Cassettrons: Enemy, Howlback, Glit, Garboil

Also, a lot of Classicsverse figures could be done in their G2 colours as limited exclusives, as we've seen with Ramjet, Breakdown etc. They could even do them in unreleased G2 colours, such as Mirage etc.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 15th September 2014 at 12:12 PM.

Some of these answers read more like wish lists rather than how I interpret a no brainer for Hasbro or Tak/Tom. Some of the above ideas are pretty good though when it comes to obvious repaints to minor remolds.

I'm going to say why not release Blue Diaclone MP Bluestreak as a Decepticon? They have already set a precedent with Exhaust.