• Only if...

0 0%
  • Not worth it

0 0%
  • Not even interested

2 7.69%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm

While not as good as Springer, still a great figure. Fun to transform, buggy mode is cool.

A few problems I found though. Gun doesn't fire the missile very well, and he is quite back heavy.

I've also found thay pushing his feet back a notch will stop his heel spurs from collapsing backwards and prevent him from falling over.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    I'd buy this for sure! Haha...
    I'm a real fan of this toy... even better than Generations Springer in my reckoning.
    Totally agree with HD here - Sandstorm is my favourite of the three. I really like the fact that he ended up looking so much different from Springer.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I've also found thay pushing his feet back a notch will stop his heel spurs from collapsing backwards and prevent him from falling over.
    I keep him displayed like this too, and don't have a problem with him not standing 100% upright like Springer. He's got a huge backpack and needs to lean forward. Love Roche's design on his headsculpt and adds to the humbler front line soldier look.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I also agreed the look of the wheel but the robot mode is stunning. the plane mode is also ok as well. As a remould, I think it is doing a pretty good job.

Yeah Im in the same camp. i don't like it quite as much as Springer, but its a near thing. I think car more is the weakest, but I like the VTOL and Robot forms.

He has a cool BULK to him that Springer doesn't have. they did a great job of making one mold feel like 2 very different figures, and i appreciate that effort.
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.

Sandstorm was one of my first dozen Transformers ever gotten, and I used to play with him ad nauseum. Really dug both his modes, even if the wierd tail thing coming off the back of his dunge buggy mode looked weird.

Compared to the G1 toy I think this version's alt modes are weaker - cool, but weaker. Don't get me wrong, I like this figure, and it's great to finally have another Sandstorm toy that is a triple changer and references the original character, but could have possibly be done better. I do like his robot mode though, looks like he is ready to rock!

Instructions - useless as always, but after transforming Springer he wasn't much of a challenge anyway.

Overall, glad I got this guy, not thrilled but quite happy

Wow, haven't gotten mine yet, but am impressed at how many new parts he has. Or should that be original?

I see;
    lower legs
    chest
    shoulders (?)
    gun
    knee pointy bits
    head
    wheels of course.

Thats a bit like how they used FOC Jazz's base to make FOC Sideswipe, but this one just seems to work a lot better.
    Can't wait to get mine!

I don't have Springer* so can only view Sandstorm on his own merits, but I think he's great. He's a complex toy for sure but that's because of his three different modes, which are really well differentiated from each other. I particularly enjoy just how many different parts and panels move from one place to another for the transformation from buggy to VTOL, a bit of detail that could easily have been overlooked. The orange and yellow colour scheme really pops and is a nice choice in my opinion. He has plenty of detail and good articulation in robot mode. I would strongly recommend this toy.

Can anyone tell me exactly how the gun fits to the cockpit in VTOL mode though?

*Nor will I ever. Springer is my least favourite Transformers character. I just can't stand him for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Can anyone tell me exactly how the gun fits to the cockpit in VTOL mode though?
    The first triagnle piece from the top front of the gun (near the barrel) plugs into the nose of the chopper underneath. You'll need to fold the landing gear all the way and and fiddle about with it and it just somehow clips in.