Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: nippon-yasan (Japan) feedback

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    That's annoying. I've been tempted in the past to go the cheaper shipping but my instinct has been that the longer it's in transit the more chance there is of damage. Also not sure how it's handled. So in the end I just go with EMS and the boxes from NY have never arrived damaged and always packed well.
    the thing is though, the shipping box was not damaged at all! so I'd presume it was sent damaged like it was...

they haven't replied my latest message...

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I've never been a huge fan of NY. I have preordered a few things from them as a last resort but usually end up finding it somewhere else so cancel my order with them, which they don't like.

I'm surprised they haven't blacklisted me to be honest
    Beware that they no longer cancel orders, you do get credits in discount coupon but no Paypal refund.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    the thing is though, the shipping box was not damaged at all! so I'd presume it was sent damaged like it was...

Yo....don't bother to waste your breath, just ask for some credit experience.
    I gotten a SRC Jumbo Mazinger style and found wing tip broken and they replied in the same "similiar" fashion that you gotten. Claimed they contacted Bandai which I think is BS > Only because Kurt the Goat has specified Bandai was all good to cater to defects in Japan so I think they are just simply brushing you aside.

Trust me, you wont go anywhere, even if the item was insured , you can see how much money you wasted as they don't really replace anything. I was offered to return the item and refund but purchase at more expensive price, which is bs.

NY used to be my goto place, but I find that they are stingy by far and only reward you with peanuts. Of course if we need to buy Tamashii exclusive items it leaves us with little choice and at their mercy.

I see. I always specify that I'm a MISB collector so would like a nice box so that may help but it's still no guarantee.

What I agree with everyone here is that they are not good when you have an issue. The one time I complained that the shipping I had prepaid on my MP Tracks pre order was way more than the actual shipping once in stock (because they originally were told it would be a larger box than the standard MP car) they didn't give me any sort of account credit.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    I see. I always specify that I'm a MISB collector so would like a nice box so that may help but it's still no guarantee.

What I agree with everyone here is that they are not good when you have an issue. The one time I complained that the shipping I had prepaid on my MP Tracks pre order was way more than the actual shipping once in stock (because they originally were told it would be a larger box than the standard MP car) they didn't give me any sort of account credit.
    I am surprised at their honesty and ethics level being a Japanese company.
    I still have 6000 jpy of credits with them and have been just planning what to buy before it expire in Nov.

Default dishonest cancellations

A number of members here in OTCA ordered Gundam Heine Metal build successfully only to be cancelled for April released.

In this occasion I have posted questions to them and even was reassured that there were going to have the allocated stock. It was only a week later my order was cancelled.

Just a few days ago, they have the stock of the toy and they raised the price.
    Initally a 19500 jpy item has now gone to 25500.

I find the company is being dishonest in allocating and cancelling orders so that they can MAKE MORE money.

Sad to say, is no longer my primary choice for toys for critical items as I cannot rely on a confirmed order being cancelled so often.

Very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    A number of members here in OTCA ordered Gundam Heine Metal build successfully only to be cancelled for April released.

In this occasion I have posted questions to them and even was reassured that there were going to have the allocated stock. It was only a week later my order was cancelled.

Just a few days ago, they have the stock of the toy and they raised the price.
    Initally a 19500 jpy item has now gone to 25500.

I find the company is being dishonest in allocating and cancelling orders so that they can MAKE MORE money.

Sad to say, is no longer my primary choice for toys for critical items as I cannot rely on a confirmed order being cancelled so often.

Very disappointed.
    what the hell? why did they cancel the order? u should message them and ask for their reasoning.

btw an update for my damage boxes; I got SOME dp and exp points as compensation lol. They should have just levelled me up a few levels or at least one level. The DP system is flawed and hardly gives discount at all.

what the hell? why did they cancel the order? u should message them and ask for their reasoning.

btw an update for my damage boxes; I got SOME dp and exp points as compensation lol. They should have just levelled me up a few levels or at least one level. The DP system is flawed and hardly gives discount at all.
    Their reasons were there wasn't enough stock. < which I asked them when I placed my order.

However it seems "like" they suddenly have the stock but charge higher.
    Our guess? It's our allocated orders which they did have but cancelled at that time so they can do a price hike like now

I am not impressed as this isn't the first time they done this. Is very dishonest to cancel a confirmed and paid order just that they can sell for more now.

Their dp system is poor, amiami reward you more even buying one item.

Further to add, there are news on Macrossworld that anyone who bought the reissued YF-29 with wrongly printed shoulders got zero service from NY in any attempt to replace EVEN though its known that the Manufacturer has admitted and given replacements to distributors.

So stores like HLJ would replace them but NY will just brush you off saying they tried but actually did zip.

If you bought Ramjet through them, you wont get a replacement, just a refund if you return it.
    Last edited by drifand; 31st May 2016 at 12:07 PM.

The TFW boards are alight with people complaining that NY is seeking further payment on Takara Fortress Maximus orders that have already been paid. People paid the original shipping cost of ~¥5,000 but NY are seeking to double it to ~¥10,000! I just verified that is what they are charging if you buy it now. So they are happy to keep your money when they overestimate shipping (my experience with Tracks last year) but when it goes against them they hit you up for the difference.
    Last edited by DaptoDog; 22nd September 2016 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Added link