0 0%

0 0%
  • 5 - its so so

2 3.64%

2 3.64%

6 10.91%

18 32.73%

6 10.91%
  • 10 - BUY IT !!! or forever be shamed!!

19 34.55%
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: War For Cybertron Game Review

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah but it's a game and it's nice to give novices more of a sporting chance to play. Some games have a handicap setting to cater for this (e.g. Street Fighter). There are other ways experienced players can handicap themselves, e.g. intentionally using low powered or melee weapons, intentionally moving out of cover etc.

One thing that frustrates me as a noob is when I join a game and I constantly get pwned. The games just not fun for me cos it's like - spawn - get killed - respawn - get killed - respawn - get killed... ad infinitum. Being constant cannon fodder isn't fun, so eventually I give up on playing and I never improve. Sometimes when I play Star Wars Miniatures against a noob I'll intentionally do things to give them an advantage over me (e.g. field a weak team, never combine fire, move out into the open etc.). Cos yeah... if I ever try to play this game online, and all that happens to me is that I get constantly hammered... then I'm just never going to play the multiplayer mode again.
    Mate you gotta stick with it! Alot of players dont hunt noobs on purpose, its more of a luck thing. Its like a new map that everbody else knows where the killy spots are. If you're just out trying to familiarise yourself with the game and the map chances are you'll just stroll right past an enemy and bam they get you before you see them. Try scout class first. Cloak up and familiarise yourself with the map with that added stealth protection. My bane is Scientist. I just plain suck with the scientist. When you're level 0-5 in any class your going to be on the back foot. Keep trying and it'll get better!
    MEGATRON Without PRIME is like Bacon without Eggs.

Still fun to play though. I have completed all the missions and got all the data disks for the Autobots, now just doing arduous task of leveling them all up. Then it's up to taking on someone with the Con version to win all the characters I don't have. (but that's easy when I have my missus DS to do that with )

I too want the PC version, but don't have the funds to do so atm, but will soon I reckon.
    Dammit, I don't have a second DS, I will never be able to get all my missing TFs. Curse you Pokemon mentality!!! :P
    And I agree with you, its good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by gekisou View Post
    Dammit, I don't have a second DS, I will never be able to get all my missing TFs. Curse you Pokemon mentality!!! :P
    And I agree with you, its good fun.
    Just find someone with another DS and transfer them haha

Wooooooo! Took my Scout and Warrior out for a run yesterday. Could only find a bit of fun in team deathmatch, which was a shame, I really wanted to give the 'plant the bomb' mode a go and it's not much fun when playing by yourself...

Anyhoo, I had a couple of good rounds where I ended up coming 3rd in the kill amounts! Made me feel good, everyone's character was about the level 0/1/2/3 mark. Actually got to the point where some of the level 0 playeers were hanging around me.... Lol. kind of sad considering how rubbish I am at MP.

Did have a very cool situation where I managed to take out 2 of the other team and they were both firing at me after I jumped off a bridge and they were there. lol. Cranked up my scrapmaker and blasted away, hoping for the best and managed to take them both down. I was sure that when I found 2 people together like that, I would be toast. Final last stand that wasn't final.

Top class fun was had by me and the confidence boost means I will be playing MP online a bit more.

Just out of interest... cos I'm playing this game on PC, would I be able to join servers where people are playing on consoles like X-Box and Wii etc.? Or are people able to all join onto the same servers irrespective of what platform they're playing on?

No the servers aren't cross platform between the PS3/PC/Xbox360, and the Wii version is an entirely different game.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Sadly not there Goki. Shame really, because it would be fantastically awesome if they could. there would be less worry about finding games.

We could also really have some awesome CONSOLE WARS!

Got myself a gold trophy for WFC on monday night. I think it's the only gold trophy in WFC... for getting past wave 15 of Escalation.
    Very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Got myself a gold trophy for WFC on monday night. I think it's the only gold trophy in WFC... for getting past wave 15 of Escalation.
    Very happy.
    Nice griffin, I still only get to Wave 6 or so What is your technique, charater etc..
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Um, not really anything. It comes down to 3 other competant players really.
    But I find that Broken Hope is an easy one to get through the waves quickly. Especially when you get into the room with the Overshield - which only takes 400 points to get into, and 250 for the overshield.
    The other room with the scrapmaker gun takes 700 points and 600 for the gun, so if you have like-minded players who go for just those two rooms for those two items, it really helps.
    The only tip I would have though, is use a cloaker if possible... if you end up being the last one left alive near the end of a wave, cloaking gives you a break from the enemy tracking you down, so you can relocate or resupply.