Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 71722232425262728293031323747 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

Blackest Night, while it started out great, sadly went on about two months too long.

got the iron man comics from free comic book day plus transformers and resistance comics, very awesome

From Free Comic Book Day, I got Iron Man/Thor, and War of the Supermen.

Iron Man/Thor was a funny little oneshot. It reminds me of some old comics annuals I have, in that it's a short adventure that probably won't affect anything.

War of the Supermen was actually two stories, both prologues to a main series of the same title. It was very different in tone from Iron Man/Thor, which was much more light hearted, at least to me.

In the last few weeks I've read the 10 trades of Y The Last Man and thought it was a great read and would recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    In the last few weeks I've read the 10 trades of Y The Last Man and thought it was a great read and would recommend it.
    On to book 3 now, and will have the series finished by Thursday. Fantastic reading.

I'e been reading a LOT of new (to me) titles lately, and one I can't recommend more highly is 'Locke & Key'. It'll blow your mind. Very much looking forward to the tv series in the works.

I've never read Y Last Man at all though have had several people recommend it highly so it may be something I pursue..... I had been 'out' of comics for a few years and have recently gotten the bug again.
    I have recently read the first 3 trades of Invincible by Image, I really enjoyed those.
    Have also been reading a tonne of X factor, I usually enjoy it a hell of a lot.
    Also collecting Wolverine (though as I collected his stuff since I was 12 I am sort of over him now, especially how Marvel puts him into everything these days), The Tick, Red Robin, Hawkeye & Mockingbird (thinking of dropping it though).
    Half way through the trade of JSA: Return of Hawkman.... not liking it a lot just yet but maybe will get better when Hawkman actually returns lol

Y The Last Man is fantastic. Also, if anyone hasn't read Brian K Vaughn's run on Runaways, they're missing out. Maybe I just like a good, simple concept, but the whole everyone-thinks-their-parents-are-evil-sometimes,-but-what-if-your-parents-actually-were-supervillains is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Y The Last Man is fantastic.
    I thought the ending sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by SamLoi888 View Post
    I thought the ending sucked.
    It's one of the great endings of any comic series ever! I even crie... ahem... I mean, I was all manly about then ending and then went out and drank beer and cooked dead animals on the barbecue and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    It's one of the great endings of any comic series ever! I even crie... ahem... I mean, I was all manly about then ending and then went out and drank beer and cooked dead animals on the barbecue and stuff.
    hahaha nice comment......... it certainly does sound like a great read if it evoked such emotion, going to have to look into it. Is there only 10 trades to collect for the full story?

I am wanting to get a lot more Invincible (in tpb's) at least the next 3 before I commit to another big storyline though.