View Poll Results: RID Overload with Backtrack - worth getting?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 16.67%
  • Maybe

1 16.67%
  • Na

2 33.33%
  • No way

2 33.33%

Thread: Toy Review - RID Overload with Backtrack

Default Toy Review - RID Overload with Backtrack

Overload with Backtrack
    Series – Robots In Disguise (15)
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class – Deployers (Overload), Mini-Con (Backtrack)
    New/remould/redeco – New
    Wave – Wave 2, 2016
    Released here - Yes
    Approximate Retail Price - $28
    Approximate Size – 16cm
    Allegiance – Decepticon
    Alt-mode – Cybertronian Tank (Overload), Cyclone Sphere (Backtrack)
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Overload can fire Backtrack when both in alt-modes
    Main Colours – Blue, Grey, Orange
    Main Accessories – Mini-Con armor

Overload
    Robot Mode
    Very stock standard but a vast improvement on the first round of Deployer toys. Some poseability but not much. Decent proportions.

(P.S: Sorry the pic is sideways, photobucket wont let me rotate it. Maybe an admin can fix it)

Vehicle Mode
    Very stock standard again but ok. Just looks like they changed the Megatronus mould a bit. At least his vehicle mode still kinda works without the Mini-Con attached – again, a great improvement over the likes of Drift.

Backtrack
    Robot Mode

Looks kinda Star-Wars’ish. Very good face but besides being able to move the arms a little no poseability

Vehicle Mode
    A ball. Sorry…. I mean “Cyclone Sphere”.

Actually no, I mean a ball! Not even a perfect one as it has the odd bit sticking out.

Transformation
    Simple for both.

Overall
    The ‘Cyclone Sphere’ concept is kinda cool and it’s good to get some more decent sized RID Decepticon toys on the Aussie store shelves. But this is a very “Meh – if ya feel like it” toy. Perhaps if they had made his arm/tank cannon a bit better looking or a different colour it may have helped raise his toy cred it bit.

I had a quiet chuckle to myself in the toy aisle when i saw this fellow
    I wouldn't mind a deluxe version of Overload, but I think that his Minicon makes this set

IMHO this toy is just five flavours of rubbish. The KO quality plastic is just laughable... the hinge on my Overload's cannon immediately had stress marks after I transformed it slowly and carefully for the first time. Wow. The launching gimmick on mine also doesn't work properly, I need to push the little wheel on the underside in to cock the mechanism fully. The way that the face is covered up and the treads fold into the robot legs is pretty neat, and I prefer a forward-facing shooting gimmick compared to Crazybolt's rear facing one. The articulation on this toy is a sad joke and there's no way that this toy is worth paying $29. Backtrack's robot mode is a pain to stand properly.

I already had low standards when I got this toy, and yet it still managed to disappoint me. This toy feels like a violation against the Geneva Convention on psychological torture.