View Poll Results: Will TW Fort Max stand on top of your shelves?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course... I'm a completist

10 25.64%
  • Yes, can't wait for this awesomeness

17 43.59%
  • Only if the sales are good

5 12.82%
  • [Parent voice from childhood] how much??? No... Put it back... NOW!!!

7 17.95%
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Fortress Maximus

Default Toy Review - Titans Return Fortress Maximus

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Ian Malcolm
    Yeah, yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.
    FORTRESS MAXIMUS
    Series - Titan Wars
    Sub-line - none
    Size/class - Titan
    New/remould/redeco – Remould of Generations Metroplex
    Wave - 1
    Released here - May 2016
    Approximate Retail Price – $369.95 (Myer)
    Approximate Size - 60cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Space Cruiser or City
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Headmaster, Sound chip, Size
    Main Colours – Blue, Grey, Red, White
    Main Accessories – Cerebros, Emissary, 2 shin guns (detachable for hand guns), Black weapons emplacement (hand gun for Cerebros) Helipad gun emplacement

Vehicle Mode
    The space cruiser mode stays faithful t othe original, except the ratchets are too loose... Try and fly and he takes on properties of the 12 letter without warning is it a bird? Is it a plane? No.... It's a flying L!!!

City Mode
    Looks like the 1987 pack in catalogue was the only piece of reference material given to the Redesigner of this guy. We have a perfect recreation of the advertised 3rd mode, and Fort Max is now able to be displayed as intended!

Robot Mode
    Be honest.... This is why you will get Fort Max. As a robot, he delivers, and has been changed enough from Metroplex you can forget try are the same base. This has been done in amazingly subtle ways.... Lower legs the same, but hip spin puts left on right side, right on left side. Wheels were removed, and replaced with a kids shoe with hidden rollers thingy I should have mentioned in vehicle mode. The Arm Ramps? These are repositioned Metro leg ramps. The chest/body is new.... But for some reason, the mechanism to move Metroplex's arm to rear tower mode is still there and functional. Oh, this is on the other side as well.... Don't know why, but they just spun his whole top 180 degrees....

Heads
    Cerebros is AMAZING!!! Finally a comics/tv version with good proportions, that isn't just a weird head with tech counter display in chest. Now he is a good looking head with sound and battery compartment hidden in head. FMs horns are no longer on the legs, and knees now bend properly. A nice update. Emissary is like a pre-serum Steve Rodgers, but the Cerbros head is perfect.

Biggest issue.... You have to spin Emissarys head 180 for attachment... Don't know why. And surely it wouldn't have broken the budget to fold Cerbros hands away.... They show just above the head nomatter what.... At least this guy will live on high and won't be seen due to height.

Transformation
    Decapitate. Raise rear ramp. Push over. Flail arms towards the sky as he falls. At some stage, rotate centre tower halves into position. Tickle toes until in position.

When parked, do splits.

Not noted in the instructions, shin guns are detachable and hand grips fold down for handgun mode.

Overall
    Typical city brick.... But so was the original. But you know what?.... You want it. Some how you'll get it...articulation upgrades make it way more playable than G1... But they just don't make homes (or cities) like they used too...
    Last edited by Krayt; 29th May 2016 at 09:14 AM.

I noticed with mine that if you open that arm that is a metroplex leftover. You will find a big open space. You can use it as a jail for decepticon little headmaster guys. Like G1 Max had a jail.

Had the same thought....

Hey... How's the clip that holds on your leg/wheel cover blue thingy on the helipad side? Mine unclipped first time, and has scrapped off the tiny micron of plastic that was locking it in place.

And did you notice the gun handles?

Just saw a semi-G1 toy base mode.. http://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/u...eturns-053.jpg

Is this layout with the legs upright any good or unstable as heck?
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Tried one leg.... Beyond unstable. Need a rear shot to work out how they did it vertical, the ratchets can't take any weight

Edit....

Ok, spin upper leg 90 degrees to allow a couple of clicks past verticals, and weight pulls leg back to near vertical. But waist has no support, so is floppy side to side, and nothing to lock in the back of the legs, so these flop around in the breeze...

Nice review - can't wait to collect mine!

Some generous bugger was able to get me one at nearly half price - it's just sitting at a mates place in Melb waiting for me to collect

The blue pieces on the back of his legs do seem to want to pop out a little on mine too Krayt. I tried taking them off to apply the stickers, which I don't think I should have done.
    WANTS
    G1 Vortex w/ weapons
    Beast Wars Basic Rattrap head and gun

Yeah the blue bits like to pop off on one leg. Gun handles? Where? Im thinking of getting some better springs for the ratchet joints.

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Yeah the blue bits like to pop off on one leg. Gun handles? Where? Im thinking of getting some better springs for the ratchet joints.
    Both shin guns have connectors like the helipad does, but on both sides. So pull out from the leg and under neath is a gun handle.

Is he compatible with Perfect Effect Warden?