Page 420 of 481 FirstFirst ... 400410415416417418419420421422423424425430440 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    This happens all the time. There are so many jobs set up for NBN techs to go out and get the details right because the copper network is a mess.

Wish they had just stuck with Fibre to the Premise. Would have taken longer, and cost a bit more initially, but we would have gotten a more reliable network and not had to pay as much for upkeep of the out of date copper.
    But I have FTTP

And they still stuffed it and took almost 7 weeks to get it sorted.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Less of a vent and more of a small rant.

I was in the Melbourne CBD today while my sister saw the Sound of Music, and i had 3 hours walking around (Minotaur, Herns Hobbies etc) and the amount of homeless is just so sad! There are several abandoned houses in my town that can fit a family of 4 so why don't they fix these houses up and move the homeless into these, it was 9 degrees today with rain. Not only would we be helping them but the streets would be cleaner.

It is worse when all people do is stare. Maybe i am just to compassionate for this society....

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post

I was in the Melbourne CBD today while my sister saw the Sound of Music, and i had 3 hours walking around (Minotaur, Herns Hobbies etc) and the amount of homeless is just so sad! There are several abandoned houses in my town that can fit a family of 4 so why don't they fix these houses up and move the homeless into these, it was 9 degrees today with rain. Not only would we be helping them but the streets would be cleaner.

It is worse when all people do is stare. Maybe i am just to compassionate for this society....
    Because people think there's no money in that sort of thing

However, it has been shown that doing what you suggest would contribute to society and boost the economy as well as being cheaper than doing nothing.

Apparently there has been an influx of homeless people migrating into Melbourne from interstate in recent times.

And unfortunately in many cases, giving the homeless a bona fide property to live in doesn't help solve the problem in the long run, as it can prolong their state of poverty simply because now they have a roof and don't need to try as hard, while continuing to stay in that homeless mindset. It's the same as giving the beggars money - so long as they receive enough money to eat off, they will continue to beg, rather than try to improve their quality of life.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

The world is a mess. I see alot too on my job

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

You need to understand that for the most part, homeless are right where they want to be. They don't want that responsibility and choose to live like they do. There are far better places than a scummy city to be homeless in, but that is the easiest place to get booze and food while remaining without earning anything or being responsible for anything. And it's a mental illness as well as the addictions most have. And oh boy, don't try to home them, the house will be utterly destroyed. And if those houses are abandoned, good chance they already sleep there anyway, you just don't know it.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

People with that level of mental disability ought to be in a care facility, but that would require a government that's willing to spend more on health care, especially care for the disabled.

anyone know how auspost tracking works? as in what stages things are at when it gets updated, who does it, etc?
    someone sent a package to me on friday and the tracking says received and then processed through facility. that was very late on friday night and it hasn't been updated since. it's now been 2 full business days plus the weekend and the status hasn't changed.

* i guess i'm venting that i know it takes a few days to get here but at least be a little more up to date with the information or progress

Just watched ep 1 of Combiner Wars and I don't have a single nice thing to say about it....

Voice acting was terrible, script was cringe worthy, only lasted 5 mins of which 25% of it was spent with computron and menasor doing this repetitive punch action in space, menasor sounds like a teenager with an attitude problem, no apparent storyline, I could rant for longer.

I am just so disappointed that we have waited so long for this crap

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Just watched ep 1 of Combiner Wars and I don't have a single nice thing to say about it....

Voice acting was terrible, script was cringe worthy, only lasted 5 mins of which 25% of it was spent with computron and menasor doing this repetitive punch action in space, menasor sounds like a teenager with an attitude problem, no apparent storyline, I could rant for longer.

I am just so disappointed that we have waited so long for this crap
    Beast Wars was the last true 'Good' Transformers cartoon. Animated was okay but it's terrible first season which was the longest was horrible enough to bring the whole series down despite the good shorter 2nd and 3rd seasons. The abrupt cancellation also didn't help, at least BW ended properly.