Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What exclusives and imports would you want to buy in Australia?

Default What exclusives and imports would you want to buy in Australia?

With ToysRUs winding back on their imports and exclusives in the last year, I want to lobby them (and other retailers) to look at selling more collector-focused toys and exclusives, provided their price is close to the retail price in their original country.

So, which ones that are out at the moment, or coming soon, would you buy if they were released here, and which ones would you buy here that you wouldn't have bothered importing?

Some examples for you to list that you'd buy here, if they were released here - particularly if you wouldn't have bought them if they weren't being released here.

Walgreens clone 2-pack
    TR Arcee
    TR Grotusque
    Tribute Bumblebee 3-pack
    Tribute Optimus 2-pack
    Tribute Optimus Leader
    JP Masterpiece Sunstreaker
    JP Masterpiece Dinbot
    JP Masterpiece Targetmaster Hotrod
    (and any other upcoming toys that you are seriously looking to buy - so that we can let Hasbro and local retailers know, which items have enough demand for them to import... provided they aren't overpriced, making it cheaper to import them anyway)

Clones, Arcee & Grotesque are must buys, MP Sunstreaker depends on price
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    Clones, Arcee & Grotesque are must buys
    I'll echo Fatbot, and add that my preference would be for the focus to be on toys that are basically part of the "main line" but are store exclusives in the US. (The two TR box sets too would have been good to see locally.)

Deluxe TLK Hot Rod's another one and a better example of a toy that's a key part of a line (any TLK collection without it is lacking) but something we miss out on here due to it not being part of a wave. Deluxe TR Brainstorm's also a great example of this.

Deluxe Hotrod would be a great one, and like you say, we would otherwise miss out on that character completely here (I don't think we'll see the second wave of Tiny Changers either, which is the only non-exclusive release of that character by Hasbro).

Remember that Hasbro Australia got in the Deluxe Stinger for us from Japan, which was really great of them to do that, so it would be good to see them do that again for us.

What Paulbot said, things like grotusque, Arcee and hotrod.
    the clones would have been cool, but now I've ordered the Takara ones even though I'd probably prefer the Hasbro colurs.

the trick with this type of thing is Hasbro AU, having enough information to share before we give up and buy internationally.

When the stinger came in I jumped on it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I pretty much agree with what is said, while I would prefer local mp's I know they'll be sitting around until clearance, hasbro branded mp's I would like to see more of when available, be it mainline g1's or movie mp's, but US exclusive toys like generations deluxes like walgreens brainstorm and the like would make more sense

Waiting on hasbro mp11 skywarp badly!

The Primitive Optimus is for sale in Spain. Would of loved that to be available here.

I'd probably buy the Street Fighter stuff if it came out here. I like random, different stuff like that.

Store exclusives as everyone has said.
    No point in TRU AU selling TT MP's as they just charge scalper prices and they shelfwarm forever.
    In saying that I would have bought the Hasbro TRU MP Bumblebee if they had of brought it over here for a reasonable price (as the TRU Hasbro MP's at least arent as badly priced as any TT MP's they import).

bowspearer Guest

Arcee, Grotusque, Tribute Optimus 2-pack.