Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comics return with GEN wave 2 Deluxe

It's a bit odd, and crap for those collecting the comics.
    I do really like the artwork on the pack in covers but I don't have a lot of need for the comics themselves. I collect all the trades and even once I had picked up most of the pack in comics, I struggled to put them in order until I had the trade in hand as a reference. As a story completest I don't see a lot of value in them.
    I do see the value of Hasbro and IDW packing them in for people who aren't necessarily into the comics yet. yeet.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Also I was thinking about it and there's a good chance of Superion and Menasor store-exclusive box sets later in the year, like the Movie's Autobots and Dinobots five member sets. Possibly cheaper (when on sale) and better decos.
    They would require some pretty big boxes, and if the regular waves were earlier, not every store would want to buy the exclusive. Sounds like a Myer-exclusive thing? In which case, it may have a high starting RRP...

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    They would require some pretty big boxes, and if the regular waves were earlier, not every store would want to buy the exclusive. Sounds like a Myer-exclusive thing? In which case, it may have a high starting RRP...
    Yes I was thinking of the Myer exclusives exactly. The Autobot and Dinobot "Platnium" boxes last year were both two voyagers and three deluxes, full of toys pegwarming at the other stores.

These new bots seem a bit bigger than the AOE toys but I'd expect they could do a box that was about the same size and the same price for one voyager and four deluxes.

And yes it'd be a high RRP just like the Autobot and Dinobot packs were (And that Prime + Trailer + Sideswipe was a huge box!) and they'd be targeted at collectors with (maybe) higher quality paint jobs.

But the point is if we knew they were coming, rather than me speculating, we could hold off on buying the first releases. And maybe that's just what we should do.

If we knew for a fact that sets like that were in the pipeline, I might wait for 8-12 months for them but not knowing anything more than an educated guess, I'm most likely going to buy long before then.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I normally wait for the Japanese releases, but I was so pumped for Superion (and am pumped for Menasor) that I had to get the Hasbro versions as released. And I am so glad I did, because Superion is suburb.

Will double dip on Takara releases, just like I did with the majority of Classics and Henkei back in 2006/2008

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Looks like the Wave One Deluxes will have comics in future waves they are packed in as well...

On the Entertainment Earth, the Wave One Generations Deluxes look to be having a re-release around June, and the packaging image has them with comics...

Alpha Bravo
    Dragstrip
    Firefly
    Skydive

Maybe the first wave was rushed through the factory to get to stores before Christmas, and the comics weren't ready yet, but later releases of that first wave will have them.

The Deluxe Wave 2 Revision case has a wave 1 Dragstrip in it, so if it comes with a comic, then it was just the Wave 1 cases that missed out.
    The Revision wave is now out, as people in America have started finding the single Dragstrips in the Stunticon cases, WITH a comic. So the reissue of the wave 1 Aerialbots in around June should also see comics for those three as well.

After eight months of "will they - won't they", it looks like the re-release of Wave 1 Aerialbots with packed-in comics might not be happening after all.

About four months ago the Entertainment Earth listings were taken down, and there have been no further signs of these specific versions being released, despite the next four months being a good time to do some reissues while we wait for the 2016 Combiners to start coming out.

Now it looks like the comics must have been printed up ready for the toys, but since the toys are not happening, the comics have found a new home... as freebie items at a Taiwanese comic convention, so might show up at other places as well.

From the photos we get to see a full bio on the new character Alpha Bravo, which doesn't say much, but is better than brief bits we know so far from existing toy packaging.