Page 6 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

That would have been a great idea - translucent stickers, even if they were another colour... so that you can give the figure a bit more depth with colours, without losing the see-through gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That would have been a great idea - translucent stickers, even if they were another colour... so that you can give the figure a bit more depth with colours, without losing the see-through gimmick.
    Translucent stickers would also give the plastic underneath a thin layer of protection from scratching

Started playing DOTM on PS3 last night. Currently up to the Mirage campaign... makes me want a proper Deluxe Mirage toy even more!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Sorry for the late reply Griffin, no I won't need your stickers. Thanks for the offer anyways.

Well instead of using translucent stickers you could use black-wash paints, such a thing exists from Games Workshop.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Started playing DOTM on PS3 last night. Currently up to the Mirage campaign... makes me want a proper Deluxe Mirage toy even more!
    Man I hated that level. Yawn. IN fact quite a lot of that game was yawn. The Soundwave level was OK.

The part when I had to keep rescuing Bumblebee from the Decepticon snipers was annoying. What a stupid git -- he keep repeatedly walking into sniper traps! Does he have a learning difficulty or is he just a sucker for punishment?!? (o_O)

The Soundwave level!!! I got up to the last part, where you have to escape the erupting volcano... and I kept on losing, so I hit "restart chapter," thinking that the chapter started when Soundwave had to go inside the NEST base - but NOOOOO, it restarted from when Soundwave arrives on Earth!! So I had to spend a freaking hour trying to quickly replay Soundwave driving around and hacking into satellite towers, blowing up Autobot Gumbies, then had to freaking replay the Laserbeak level -- which is hard to quickly play through because of the labyrinthine nature of the NEST base, plus Laserbeak's low-powered weapons means you have to do lots of hit and run guerilla style tactics, which is freaking time consuming as!

Because I thought that the last part was timed, but it's not... sort of. You just have to keep outrunning the lava (as you know). But... ggrraaaarrrgh! Many swear words! (just as well the protoform and missus were asleep ) -- but yeah, after redoing that whole stupid level again and then finally finishing it, je suis pas "bover'ed" to play anymore, so I quit and went to bed.

Anyway... on the Starscream level next. Hope that'll be better.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It's a vent; rarities like this - generally speaking - aren't worth much because there isn't much of a demand for them. People will pay for a rare variant or something, but not for a freak defect. So somewhere out there is someone who owns a Soundwave with two right hands...

The first Generations Drift toy I bought had two of the same hand, so I know the frustration. I bought another one then refunded the defective one. But yeah, it's worse when it happens with a toy you got from overseas (unless you bought it from an online store that might be able to do an exchange for you?) <shrug> If you stick the big MechTech weapon on his right side hand then the spare left hand may not be as noticeable on display. It'd be hell annoying when you play with it though. Ouch. XO Otherwise maybe if you find another Soundwave get that one, then sell this defective one to recoup some of the cost?
    My Drift has two right shoulders

I didn't realise this until I put Drift next to my shattered glass Drift (who has no faults thankfully).

I was hoping it was just a matter of taking the arm off and turning the shoulder piece around but unfortunately the upper arm piece is molded inwards on one side so is not reversible....Grr!!
    Seems as though faults with this particular character are common, but why?? Maybe the trainee's were working that day

Put a stress mark on the nose of my Battle for Cybertron Cyclonus today because I forgot to rotate his head before closing the nose. At least it's not visible when the nose is tucked away in robot mode.

Quote Originally Posted by nofacej View Post
    Put a stress mark on the nose of my Battle for Cybertron Cyclonus today because I forgot to rotate his head before closing the nose. At least it's not visible when the nose is tucked away in robot mode.
    Sorry to hear man, that suck! - I absolutely adore that mold.

Quote Originally Posted by nofacej View Post
    I don't know how bad the stress mark is, obviously, but you might be able to fix it with a little heat. A quick burst of heat from holding it near a lighter flame often fixes stresses cosmetically. Just don't go too long or too close.