Page 105 of 152 FirstFirst ... 8595100101102103104105106107108109110115125 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1520

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Like you said it's all ifs and buts. Who knows what would of happened if they got it right. I'm more shocked that like you said six officials completely missed it. I did laugh at the memes of Jim Carrey from Bruce Almighty with 7 fingers saying "Alright sharks last tackle"
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

It sucks such a simple adjudicating error has happened again this year for them. Most of those officials will not be featuring again this year.

I play competitive sport and I always want to do more than win by a point. I dislike hearing "ref cost us the game" when we *just* lose because the refs are another element of the game that you can nullify by playing better. The great teams can often win by many points.

You have to outscore the opposition + a few bad referee calls to really sure things up and in the big matches the Cowboys do not win games by enough points to dodge this stuff and it has bitten them hard again. I have disliked Kane Linnett but he played great, the best I have seen him play - but if he could've held the ball out front like a winger he would've been well in.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

[QUOTE=Deonasis;374680]It sucks such a simple adjudicating error has happened again this year for them.QUOTE]

a little bit of evidence that the cowboys got away with one too

JT Clearly trips Galen illegaly which directly resulted in the 54th Minute Taumalolo try and Thurston Conversion

in football terms that is your Square up.

the right team won on the day
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

[QUOTE=Sharky;374760]
    Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    It sucks such a simple adjudicating error has happened again this year for them.QUOTE]

a little bit of evidence that the cowboys got away with one too

JT Clearly trips Galen illegaly which directly resulted in the 54th Minute Taumalolo try and Thurston Conversion

in football terms that is your Square up.

the right team won on the day
    The Cowboys had 72mins to recover from this error (as bad as it was), they also got another call to go their way when JT kicked the ball into the back of Jeff Robson... That never should have been called 6 again.

What bugs me the most is JT saying that there is a NSW conspiracy... What a joke did he forget the last few years when all the calls went QLDs way. 8 in a row and still complaining.

By no means i am saying it lost them the game. Any game can be picked apart for the grubby or rule bending stuff that does not get called (our days will not end if we point it all out). I am saying that it was a simple error, but on a absolute cornerstone rule of rugby league aka.. a howler.

JT's, Tate's, Tamuo's, Henry's, etc.. comments on conspiracy make great redneck news stories. Henry should never have started it despite his frustrations. Then everyone else gets the same question and they throw spiteful barbs back at the at the NRL & NSWRL, daring them to be fined. I think their comments reflect how much last years exit still haunts them.. another plain as day, much apologised howler.

i am very suprised they have not been fined, or in JT's case suspended. they are some pretty heavy allegations

in reality it makes Toove's comments seem rather placid, and for greenberg to say that henry spoke from the heart and was passionate so wont face a fine... makes Tooves even more of a farce..

i still cant beleive they are carrying on 4 days after it.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post

i still cant beleive they are carrying on 4 days after it.
    If it were the sharks im sure the sharks players would still be talking about it, same with any team. Hey we in NZ are still talking about the underarm. In fact its part of the citizenship test! Well not quite

I guess it is news until the papers gear up for the next weekend.

Well the AFL Grand Final is over and predictably the Hawks took it out.

They should have let me team play! Sure Essendon are all drug cheats, but imagine someone leaping 20 feet into the air to take a mark! Would have been a lot more enjoyable than todays showing.

At least it was an excuse to crack a beer at 2.30 in the arvo

As a Newcastle fan I'm a little sad but far from surprised. Was on a plane for most of the game, but once Buderus knocked himself out I knew it was going to be a long night.

I was surprised by the Manly win as they were dead on their feet against the Central QLD Sharks last week.

It's the worst possible final outcome for the NRL, the drug taking, criminal underworld connected latte lovers against a team whose fans are deathly afraid of crossing the harbour. Both are teams that no-one who isn't a fan really cares about, or actively hates. At least if either the Knights or Souths made the final most people wouldve had a team to back, as one or the other seem to be everyone's second or third favourite team.

I'd wager a hefty sum that there will be a lot of grand final tickets on sale on eBay from Souths supporters that they will not be able to offload due to Manlys non travelling fans, and the roosters lack of fans at all.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)