Page 90 of 152 FirstFirst ... 70808586878889909192939495100110 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    I think manlys big T Williams was a little hard done buy... Sure the tackle on De Gois was a bad tackle but I do not think it deserved the 7 weeks he copped. When Farrah got 2...
    It was a shocking tackle that I don't think was intended. It was 5 weeks for that tackle and 2 weeks for the loading he had from previous issues. Loading is an issue for another time!

Farah got two weeks for a nasty but unintentional tackle he place d no hand between the legs and made no downward motion once the player was past the horizontal, the players forward momentum drove him into the ground.

Both fair punishments for the crimes, too bad the match review panel decided to pretend that all the intentional blows to the head/fac were to be ignored last week...

Penrith and Parra should be good to see what team is hungrier, both should be doing better with the squads they have, but the Souths Broncos game will be more interesting to me, two teams that are coming through a rebuilding phase with lots of younger players and new players coming through. If both sides stay injury free, they should both be contending well come September.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    I think manlys big T Williams was a little hard done buy... Sure the tackle on De Gois was a bad tackle but I do not think it deserved the 7 weeks he copped. When Farrah got 2...
    Absolute dyed in the wool Manly fan here & I think the suspension was too severe. It was a 4 week offense to me & Farahs was just as bad if not worse yet he only gets 2 weeks?

Once again there is inconsistency with the judiciary & that is what gets me fired up.

BTW that was a quality win on Monday & sure I was hoping for a Manly win but your boys played a beautiful first 1/2 & Gallan once again shows his leadership by example.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    BTW that was a quality win on Monday & sure I was hoping for a Manly win but your boys played a beautiful first 1/2 & Gallan once again shows his leadership by example.
    Gallen is a beast, and you have to wonder how the Sharks would have survived the last five years without him. At least this year they have some secondary players who should be able to hold the ship while Gallen leads NSW.
    Manly have had a horrible amount of travel this last 6 weeks, and a few injuries to boot, they have done far better than I had thought they would (and I thought they'd stay a top8 side that might contest for the four)

Penrith dominating this game, maybe the panthers are going to have a win lose season this year? All because Lewis is playing where he wants rather than protecting the halves (who dont need protection, Walsh and Burns are tough)
    Parramatta are doing their best to make the old joke of what has 26 legs and cant climb a ladder true.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Penrith dominating this game, maybe the panthers are going to have a win lose season this year? All because Lewis is playing where he wants rather than protecting the halves (who dont need protection, Walsh and Burns are tough)
    Parramatta are doing their best to make the old joke of what has 26 legs and cant climb a ladder true.
    heh feel sorry for the parra fans reminds me of back in the early 90's - I would just hope the rabbitohs kept their opponents under 40

So Newcastle are playing far superior football to what they did last Sunday against the Dogs, but it still is nowhere near good enough to fully compete with the Storm side.

Hoffman has played a blinder, and there are another half dozen Storm players that are just sensational tonight, but Uate is the guy I want to see run the ball every set, he has been busting through the best defensive team like an under 6's team would against the Eels!

Quinn should be gone for 6 weeks for that cheap shot on Sau he jumped up to hit him with a swinging arm around the neck, dangerous, reckless and intentional. Also not liking these late tackles around the leg that put so much pressure onto the lower spine. It appear at time like the players will snap in half when they get hit once their momentum has slowed.
    Not a dig at the Storm, every team is doing it.

So Parra can only compete when a team switches off completely...

The Knights vs. Panthers game will be telling for NSW fans, Jennings, Gidley and Buderus have all come from the field injured, and none are players who leave the ground unless they have to, and Lewis is looking bad too.

To top it off the only half that Penrith have that is in any form is out for at least a month too.

Until about the 60 minute mark, Uate and Jennings were looking to be the only lock ins for the NSW backline at the moment. (others are certain to be picked, but not 100% on position). No Gidley could mean NSW pick 4 forwards on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    So Parra can only compete when a team switches off completely...

The Knights vs. Panthers game will be telling for NSW fans, Jennings, Gidley and Buderus have all come from the field injured, and none are players who leave the ground unless they have to, and Lewis is looking bad too.

To top it off the only half that Penrith have that is in any form is out for at least a month too.

Until about the 60 minute mark, Uate and Jennings were looking to be the only lock ins for the NSW backline at the moment. (others are certain to be picked, but not 100% on position). No Gidley could mean NSW pick 4 forwards on the bench.
    You forgot about Luke Lewis Injury too

Quote Originally Posted by mknell View Post
    You forgot about Luke Lewis Injury too
    Yeah but he plays injured every week!

Lewis would be a big loss for the blues as he is so versatile, he can play wherever needed, even if he isn't great at that spot he'll always give it his best and do ok.

Sounds like if Uate, Lewis and Buderus pull through and play next week, they might be risky options. You can't be less than 100% for origin. Heard a lot of DeGois being mentioned for origin thanks to his good work with Carney and Gallen this season. It would be an interesting selection ahead of Farrah and Hinchcliffe.

Not that I think he deserves an origin call up this year but I'm guessing Buderus will be the hooker. If he is injured I think Hinchcliffe would be the best option. Farah has started to improve but his style of play doesn't suit Ricky Stuarts style of coaching. Ricky likes his thugs and dirty workers and Farah is too flashy to base that style of gameplay around. Why is Buderus' name even being thrown around? NSW should be trying to build a fresh spine and stick with it, like what QLD have done. A 32year old is not a solution to the problem.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Why is Buderus' name even being thrown around? NSW should be trying to build a fresh spine and stick with it, like what QLD have done. A 32year old is not a solution to the problem.
    this is what i believe as well what is the point of bringing him in for 1 series (or one game) and the replacing him there are plenty of hookers.. and really what is wrong with ricky pulling his two hooker ploy.. hinchcliff and degois rotating during the game (bring de gois off the bench 20 minutes in and watch him scurry through the qld pack).

all this talk of carney getting in i really dont think soward has done anything wrong to get dropped, sure carney is playing well but that is also off the back of robsons organisation and sharkies massive meter eating front rowers.

can NSW replicate that for carney. (althought pairing carney with pearce again is a good start and gallen will paly his natural above average game but what of the others???)

but then sometimes i dont even think ricky knows what he is going to do either....
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy