Page 94 of 152 FirstFirst ... 74848990919293949596979899104114 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Read on the NRL website Farah didn't train on Thursday... Really?!?!?! I wonder why.

Game 2 was great. That result will make game 3 so intense. Regarding Cronks sinbinning, I feel that it should of been a sin binng and a penalty try. My brother says you can't double dip on those situations. Why the hell not?! Cronk commited a professional foul and Carney and Slater arrived at the ball at the same time. Logically if Carney was not impeeded then he would of beat Slater by 2 metres.

To win game 3 Carney needs to step up. He still looks over awed by the whole situation. We also need a faster fullback. Someone like Slater or Hunt who will bring the ball back at full pace not jog up to the defence like Hayne or Stewart. In origin (especially if game 3 is as intense as I expect/hope) you need every metre you can get. I feel for Uate. With Wayne Bennets love of sweeping to the left he is hardly seeing any football and it is showing in his origin game.

Anyway BRING ON GAME3. I haven't been this pumped for origin since about 2006.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

I'm happy that Spain won. They need good news right now considering the craphouse state of their economy with the worst unemployment figures in the EU atm.

I was going for Italy based on the premise that Spain have bored me this tournament, but they then scored 4 goals anyway so I was unfussed.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

West Sydney Wanderers had their first training run today.
    I don't know how, they do not even have half a squad!

And go the Canberra hoodoo. Must suck playing in about 0 degrees centigrade conditions! Plus you have to live in Canberra!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    And go the Canberra hoodoo. Must suck playing in about 0 degrees centigrade conditions! Plus you have to live in Canberra!
    Dammit I picked the dragons. I should have known better. In the middle of winter canberra is the worst place to watch league. I was there 4 years ago to watch the rabbitohs play and by the middle of the first half we were pretty much frozen to our seats

In a few hours we will see if the QLD'ers can win 7 years straight....

While I cannot wait for the match, win lose or draw, I'm really hoping to see Matty Bowen back in the QLD Jersey, if he helps Petero go out a champion I'd be ecstatic.

I don't think QLD deserved that win. Hodges shouldn't of been awarded a try whatever the rules state, that was a blatant obstruction. There is a difference between decoy runners running through the line and a coward running behind his team mate. Also how can NSW be penalized for taking too long to get off the tackled player when Cam Smith practically has a nap on top of the player he tackles someone?
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Nailbiter!

I'd hate to have seen how NSW would have gone without the Morris twins and Farah, they were the go to guys for NSW, very sad to see how many of the blues just walked behind the play the ball after Cronk hit the field goal. They lost heart at the end again.

Inglis is a beast. The way he was bumping players off him without using elbows or forearms is incredible. Lewis was a superstar when he came on, he lifted NSW yet again, but sadly could not do it alone.

Farah should be man of the series, he was the best player in both games 1 and 2 and was jipped both times. Shows that Stuart is not a genius saviour, he didn't want Farah, and without him NSW had no go forward, decent kicks in play and would have had a massive hole in their defence (not to mention all the extra penalties Ennis would have given away!)

Wonderfully tight series, next year might finally be the year that NSW can compete and win a series, if Stuart isn't coach or isn't allowed to pick his favourite grubs NSW might even whitewash it.

How does it feel for players or a coach losing 7 years straight?
    This must suck.

Not a footy/rugby fan so I can't relate.

Luke Lewis a Shark from 2013,

this is a huge boost to the club and will make it an even more solid back row then we already have. (even if we do happen to loose Jeremy Smith)
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy