Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    they are expensive ($55 rebel sport) and I did see NBA players wear them during the post-season.
    I asked a guy wearing two at b'ball the other night. He said the first night he put them on he banked 8 out of 9 threes. I think it's mainly a placebo effect but if it works it works. Just expensive for a placebo.

they are expensive ($55 rebel sport) and I did see NBA players wear them during the post-season.
    And I've seen an ever increasing number of amateurs at soccer, touch footy, and even Broomball wearing them ever since Benji Marshall and his Tigers (NRL) teammates started wearing them.

An expensive placebo they may be, but whoever marketed them to the NRL, AFL and NBA stars sure knew what they were doing.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

buy the cheap ones theyll do the same thing

Where to buy decent knee supports?
    talk to your local sports physiotherapist about that one, they should be able to get anything that is needed, be warned tho good knee support is very expensive

they ones you get at chemists or sports stores (Thermaskin etc) are very generic but then again, that is maybe all you need...

either that or some good old fashioned strapping tape
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    buy the cheap ones theyll do the same thing
    Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    talk to your local sports physiotherapist about that one, they should be able to get anything that is needed, be warned tho good knee support is very expensive

they ones you get at chemists or sports stores (Thermaskin etc) are very generic but then again, that is maybe all you need...

either that or some good old fashioned strapping tape
    I've been wearing the ones from rebel sport Mc(xxx) with metal hinges and the ones without but have metal stabilizers. After a few months, the springs are going to make holes on the material and start to fall off

All the straps are wreaking havoc on my shorts one brand of ankle supports have the straps damaging the inner lining of my kobe Vs

I see a lot of brands in US websites but none locally. Even the more expensive here just about looks the same with the same quality.
    LF: G1/Henkei/SOC/others
    For Sale/Trade:Misc TF Sale
    Want List: WSTs, SCF PVCs, Henkei, Classics

ebay mate
    theyre like $5 apparenrly

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    And I've seen an ever increasing number of amateurs at soccer, touch footy, and even Broomball wearing them ever since Benji Marshall and his Tigers (NRL) teammates started wearing them.

An expensive placebo they may be, but whoever marketed them to the NRL, AFL and NBA stars sure knew what they were doing.
    Even those metal wristlets/bracelets that are marketed on TV that are supposed to take some pain away. Do they work?

I also have a pain in my elbow that it hurts when I fully bend it or extend it. Must be similar to Lebron's injury

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    ebay mate
    theyre like $5 apparenrly
    Looks like most of them are about 10-20 +shipping. I'm buying one now. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks. The KO pics sure look like it's not going to have any effect.

What happened after your buddy's first game? On his succeeding games?

I've got a game tonight. hOpe we win and I have a better offensive output. Haven't had a chance to shoot the last two games I played.

What happened after your buddy's first game? On his succeeding games?
    Ah he wasn't my buddy. Just a random. There's ten courts at our stadium and a different association/competition every night of the week and both days on the weekends with all courts full so there's thousands of folk there through the week and I can't even remember who he was. He actually did say himself that he thought it was in the mind but it still worked for him so he was sticking with it.
    Good luck tonight. If your offense is suffering focus on a tough defense. In the end it's just as, if not more, important.