Page 355 of 467 FirstFirst ... 335345350351352353354355356357358359360365375 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    720p is fine in handheld mode. Too small to notice real difference at higher resolution. It also scales up to 1080p when docked.
    Did you not watch the video? Those are the docked resolutions of Zelda, Mario, Splatoon and Bomberman. We are not getting the advertised 1080p, they are just doing the same upscaling trick the 360 did to reach 1080p. The only game mentioned that was genuinely running at 1080p was MK8. Which is good news for me because MK8 is my favourite Mario Kart of all time.

If you think of it as a handheld it's very impressive. Monster Hunter when!?

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    I think that is probably it's main focus during the design process, as a handheld first.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Did you not watch the video? Those are the docked resolutions of Zelda, Mario, Splatoon and Bomberman. We are not getting the advertised 1080p, they are just doing the same upscaling trick the 360 did to reach 1080p. The only game mentioned that was genuinely running at 1080p was MK8. Which is good news for me because MK8 is my favourite Mario Kart of all time.
    I didn't get to watch the video. If that's right then it's weird that Mario Kart can play 1080p but other games can't. Could it be lack of optimisation because it's a new system? Too much varience between games.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    I think that is probably it's main focus during the design process, as a handheld first.
    Considering if I get one of these, it'll be lucky to see the dock, the resolution specs don't bother me.

I didn't get to watch the video. If that's right then it's weird that Mario Kart can play 1080p but other games can't. Could it be lack of optimisation because it's a new system? Too much varience between games.
    Hopefully I will become more prevalent in later games.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I have my concerns about the Switch but I am a Nintendo fanboy nonetheless. I have pre-ordered a grey joycons switch (don't like the early 90s fluros), a charger controller grip and a second dock set for my play room.

I also managed to buy Breath of the Wild Master edition.

We'll see December 3rd but I fear I won't get BOW until some days later since it will be shipped. I hate to say it but all the other launch games seem kind of crap so first day I will probably have the console with no games lol. Mario Kart deluxe should of been launch.

For $470 plus extra for peripherals and games, there is no way I'll be getting this anytime soon.

Mariokart 8 and all the other ports of wiiu games should've all been day one releases.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    For $470 plus extra for peripherals and games, there is no way I'll be getting this anytime soon.

Mariokart 8 and all the other ports of wiiu games should've all been day one releases.
    I agree, I would have delayed the release until those games become available such as Mario Kart 8 DLX which would have been a huge system seller.

On the other hand, Mario Kart 8 DLX also seems a bit disappointing. Only real difference is the new (old?) Battle mode but no extra GP tracks. So if you already have the Wii U version, it may not be worth it.

I have my concerns about the Switch but I am a Nintendo fanboy nonetheless.
    If I didn't have faith that there will be at least 2 or 3 good Nintendo exclusive games a year the Switch would be an easy pass for me ATM. Even tho I've realised since day one it would not be very powerful, every time we get another bit of negative information it still ticks me off because I know Nintendo can do better. Chasing after the audience that bought a Wii, played it for a week and put it in the cupboard isn't going to help them long term.

Anyone else played the Halo Wars 2 Blitz Beta this weekend? It's a really cool RTS game mode, but I don't think I will play it when the full game comes out cause I've kinda played enough.

You know, I've never played a Halo game. And I've never even tried to avoid it, I just never really got into the hype.

Unreal Tournament though... I sunk a few hours into that through LAN parties back in the day.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain