Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBTS waiting times to aus?

Default BBTS waiting times to aus?

I just ordered some generations figures from bbts for the first time and I wanted to know what is the average wait time. I chose the standard shipping, and I know it says 7-20 days but what sort of wait have other users have had?

I usually have pretty much just that.

Sometimes I get it after 1 week, other times it can take a couple of them. I haven't found any rhyme or reason to it, but they are pretty good at at least sticking to that 7-20 day window.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    I usually have pretty much just that.

Sometimes I get it after 1 week, other times it can take a couple of them. I haven't found any rhyme or reason to it, but they are pretty good at at least sticking to that 7-20 day window.
    Sweet, thanks

Normally what BBTS says is accurate but there are a some things that can extend that.

BBTS gives parcels to the USPS the day they say they do, but almost every time I use the USPS from anyone in the US it take several days to a week for it to actually enter the USPS system. It's rare for the USPS to enter it into their system on the first day. Thats why I use FEDEX for BBTS. It enters their system right away and while it cost more up front once you add $100 or $200 of stuff to your POL it gets cheaper than USPS shipping.

You have snow weather in the US also, some areas are already getting snow. This slows delivery and BBTS is in WI where it does snow.

Then you have Australian customs. They normally scan items fairly quickly, in an hour or two but sometimes they take days for no reason at all. My MP Wheeljack from HLJ showed up a week late because it sat in customs that long.

Finally if you are not in a metro area you may have to wait longer, the estimates BBTS and others get from shipping contractors don't take into account extra travel time for non-metro areas.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Normally what BBTS says is accurate but there are a some things that can extend that.

BBTS gives parcels to the USPS the day they say they do, but almost every time I use the USPS from anyone in the US it take several days to a week for it to actually enter the USPS system. It's rare for the USPS to enter it into their system on the first day. Thats why I use FEDEX for BBTS. It enters their system right away and while it cost more up front once you add $100 or $200 of stuff to your POL it gets cheaper than USPS shipping.

You have snow weather in the US also, some areas are already getting snow. This slows delivery and BBTS is in WI where it does snow.

Then you have Australian customs. They normally scan items fairly quickly, in an hour or two but sometimes they take days for no reason at all. My MP Wheeljack from HLJ showed up a week late because it sat in customs that long.

Finally if you are not in a metro area you may have to wait longer, the estimates BBTS and others get from shipping contractors don't take into account extra travel time for non-metro areas.
    i ordered the wave 3 of the generations deluxe so i though i decided against putting the postage cost any higher, if im ordering something over $100-$200 it sounds like the higher priced postage is worth it, thanks

My mother ordered a birthday present for me some time ago, and it arrived within 2 weeks, and it was quite large. Make of that what you will.

1.5 Weeks for me. Never a postage issue. I use UPS though and I love them to bits.

Ok so it just turned up today (finally), definitely going a little bit extra cash next time, however the Armarda starscream seems to be missing the pin in it's left arm :/
    Anyone know if there's anything I can do about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Autobot1995 View Post
    Ok so it just turned up today (finally), definitely going a little bit extra cash next time, however the Armarda starscream seems to be missing the pin in it's left arm :/
    Anyone know if there's anything I can do about this?
    Contact BBTS support. They're super helpful in my experience(s)!

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Contact BBTS support. They're super helpful in my experience(s)!
    Will do, thanks