Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NYCC 2011 display - Prime, Kreo & Movie toys

Man those Voyagers look impressive!! Bulkhead looks pretty good considering how round his robot mode is and how, um not round ( or square) his vehicle is! Looks like a lot of robot crammed into that car mode!

Quite a bit of shcmicky sculpting on Prime as well.

What's this 'First edition' business though?

Gonn have to bulk up on Eradicons in this series though!

'First Edition' probably means that those first-release figures at December (in time for Christmas) will either be re-released in March with the full launch of the line... or be like the Movie Preview wave, in that March will have the next wave of those classes instead.

I'm not a major fan of the Prime cartoon, but those toys are looking pretty amazing. Bulkhead and Arcee are bought.
    Quejack looks alright too.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    'First Edition' probably means that those first-release figures at December (in time for Christmas) will either be re-released in March with the full launch of the line... or be like the Movie Preview wave, in that March will have the next wave of those classes instead.
    Aaaaaaah. I see. Phew, at least now the 3 Primes to 1 Bulkhead odds in the case aren't looking so terrible now!

Posted up at TFW2005 are some new additions to the NYCC display cabinet - Deluxe sized TF-Prime Soundwave w/ Laserbeak, Cliffjumper & Wheeljack.

The 'First Edition' wave appears to be Wave 0, because these figures are being referred to as Wave 1 by Hasbro. They are to be released with the other size classes in March next year (priced at US$12).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The 'First Edition' wave appears to be Wave 0, because these figures are being referred to as Wave 1 by Hasbro. They are to be released with the other size classes in March next year (priced at US$12).
    I'm getting this exact impression also.

Some more pics, courtesy of TFW2005.com, mirrored for posterity:

TFW also took some pics and notes from the Hasbro presentation panel.

Upcoming figures shown:

Movie Wave 7 Dlx - White Wheeljack (blue version in Wave 6), Bumblebee (redeco of the W1&3 mould - yes, this is the fourth Dlx Bbee in 7 waves).
    Movie Wave 7 Dlx - White Ratchet (3rd Dlx Ratchet in DotM - 2nd one was mostly red), Soundwave (looks like black & red redeco to homage Soundblaster).
    Movie Dlx Optimus w/ Trailer (same as the Chronicle set Optimus - different trailer to the JP Voyager Optimus)
    Prime Wave 1 Dlx - Cliffjumper, Soundwave w/ Laserbeak.
    Movie EVAC - Deluxe & Legion class toys (is based on the Universal Ride character, so should be in the Movie universe/packaging)

Plus some more concept images from the FoC game.

Love the Deluxe 'Prime' toys and makes the Cyberverse Legions skipable, unless they don't release a deluxe or larger version.

I wonder why they label it as Robots in Disguise... have they not decided yet that the series is named TF:Prime?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    I wonder why they label it as Robots in Disguise... have they not decided yet that the series is named TF:Prime?
    It is weird eh?