Thread: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave confirmed for July 2013

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave confirmed for July 2013

Okay so to help me make a decision about whether I give Takara my cash for MP Soundwave, I decided to email Hasbro about whether there will be a Hasbro release of MPSW or not and just got this reply:

Hi Michael, I am sorry for the delay in responding. I have checked with a colleague who specializes in Transformers. He has confirmed that the Masterpiece Soundwave line will be sold in Australia through Toys-R-Us, but not until July 2013. They are expected to sell in Toys-R-Us from July to September. Kind regards, Hasbro Consumer Services
    T: 1-300-138-697 - custservau@hasbro.com
    HASBRO AUSTRALIA LIMITED: ABN: 69 004 348 565

--------------------
    ADDED by griffin
    I spoke to ToysRUs for confirmation.... and yes, it is coming... yes, it is from Hasbro... and yes, it is spectacular.

Arriving in stores in June/July, is Soundwave for AU$150 (definitely not the JP version at that price).
    And it will be packed in a box that looks like a giant, blue (Soundwave) cassette player.
    No word on it's contents though.
    Since it is the same price as Masterpiece Optimus, it is likely to be US$100 in America.
    (reason why we haven't heard anything about this from Hasbro yet? - they don't often show off retailer exclusives at Retailer Toy Fairs, unless it is something special... so we might see it at the US Toyfair, but since BotCon is in June, we might not see much of this before it gets released)

Now that's not all...
    Bad news - no Sideswipe or Red Alert on the horizon. (doesn't necessarily mean they are not coming at all - just not before Soundwave)
    Good news - a second Hasbro Masterpiece is being released with it.
    Last edited by griffin; 31st January 2013 at 12:55 PM. Reason: people on the global sites are missing the confirmation by TRU