Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I start to collect Marvel Universe toys?

I have a whole collection of ML but would like to start on MU as well but it's so hard to keep up with MU! did the juggernaut wave even get a release in oz?

Dude, go and read the Marvel Universe thread for releases (or lack there of)

Quote Originally Posted by stencilator View Post
    Send me that list too please Gok. Always on the hunt for more MLs.

Back on topic... I haven't collected Marvel Universe for two reasons.

1/ I'm in too deep with Marvel Legends and can't bring myself to start all over again.

2/ I'm a sucker for articulation. Toybiz MLs had some awesome articulation... down to individual fingers on some figures. I love the detail and the unlimited poses achievable with these figures and the fact that they were half the size and a tenth of the price of say Hot Toys or Sideshow figures meant I could collect as many as I like... and happily cut them up for customs. The smaller figures don't seem to be able to hold a natural pose very well and there's just not enough room for the details.

There's no doubting that MU has an enormous range and so much potential still to come... I just hate that it killed ML and therefore any further expansion of my collection. If I hadn't collected ML I'd be all over MU because it's the most common size across most toy lines.
    Fair points Stencilator. If you crave extreme articulation to the digit level Marvel Universe probably wont cut it for you. I recently got a bunch of BAF parts and spent a good few minutes fiddling with Ahnnilus' hand, very cool.

I have to say though, MU can't be blamed for killing Legends. It was having trouble well before the smaller scale came along.

I just hope that when ML returns both lines are strongly supported by retailers and the public. Though that's probably just a pigs may fly situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Most people seem to think Toy Biz are better, certainly more poseable. I like the Marvel ones because they are on the same scale as GI Joe, Star Wars and the rest of the 3 1/4" lines, so you can have cool crossovers.

That said I'm more of a Gi Joe fan, and as I also collect TF's I can't afford to get them many anyway.

Speaking of the Joes, have any Persuit of Cobra toys materialised down here yet? Hope we get at least one wave, as it would be better than nothing at all.

If you do start you would prolly end up getting most online coz the situation here in OZ when it comes to wave release is so random and plus there's not much definite source for it. I myself only collected select MLs and when I saw they reduced the size to these little buggers, I immediately said NO... not enough detailing for the retail price they go for is kinda a rip off for me...

I do still try to collect some MLs I come into during toy fairs along with my new slowly growing collection - DCU the 6 inches ones not the same midget figs coz I prefer more articulated and detailed figures and you just cant get that with the smaller ones. Although Ive seen a Galactus for the small MU's, he's cool and well detailed but the littluns, ah pass.. up to yuo though have a look around first of the figures available and if you think you like it and can bear just getting the stuff more online then go for it.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Make Mine Marvel Legends Anyday(Toybiz),I was Absolutely disgusted when I found out they were going to this scale by Hasbro,A kick to the Goolies as I see it,I shelled out over $1000 for my Marvel Legends Collection and they went and did this,Not happy JAN,But on a good note I did pick up the Marvel legends Kazaar pack for $10 from Uncle Pete's

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

See, it's the opposite for me. I was never into Legends because I was strictly a 3 3/4 inch collector. When Marvel went to the same scale as GI Joes, it won me over. I still got the few random Legend figures when they came out, but MU is it for me.