View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About Machine Men?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like Machine Men!

11 91.67%
  • I like Machine Men!

1 8.33%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Machine Men Thread.

Default The Machine Men Thread.

By now I know all of us are sick of people on this forum going on and on about Transformers this and Hasbro that. As we know, for decades now, Transformers have been unsuccessfully trying to emulate the brilliance of Machine Men (they even tried naming their own toys Gobots and Go-Bots, but to no avail.) So as a response to this, here is a focussed thread on the toyline that brought us all here in the first place - Machine Men. Yes, here is the place to discuss Machine Men, GoBots, Robo Machines, MachineRobo, Rock Lords and everything we love about them. Let the sharing begin!

Devilrock. Sporting lime green, purple and pink since 1986. Beware of imitators.

Hmm... it seems people are a bit shy to start, so I'll go first.

The year was 1983. I was watching television, and an advertisement came on TV. "Now you see him..." it sang to me, while showing an image of a robot. "...Now you don't!" OH MY GOD! THE ROBOT WAS GONE, REPLACED BY A VEHICLE! And then the advertisement continued to do the same thing over and over with different robots and different vehicles. I knew then that I must have those magical disappearing robots.

That 1983 toyline consisted of six characters - the ingeniously-named Cycle Man, Tank Man, Aero Man, Copter Man, Train Man and Racer Man. My first was Aero Man, who changed from an aero to a man. I know I also had Copter Man and that for my birthday that year I received Tank Man and Train Man.

(This was all before those derivative Transformers came along.) So what are some of your own early Machine Men memories?

Aero Man (Fitor) was my first one too and then cop-tur i think cop_tur is still in a box at home he is very beat up.

i remeber that add also... but i remeber seeing them in a toystore... they were all in a basket on the floor and one was opened and i was having a play with the figure.... not long after that i got my first one.. i never did get many of them..
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

What timing! Found a mighty menagerie of Machine Men on Sunday and bought Pathfinder and Spoons.

I had a few of the toys growing up and recently got the cartoon series off ioffer. But I would like to find a Machine Men wiki type page so I can follow it as because my memories are vague at best I'm having trouble working out who is who.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I had a few of the toys growing up and recently got the cartoon series off ioffer. But I would like to find a Machine Men wiki type page so I can follow it as because my memories are vague at best I'm having trouble working out who is who.
    The best source is probably Counter-X http://counter-x.net/gobots/index.html It even has some specific Machine Men content supplied by Jhiaxus, Robzy and me.

got the theme song "mighty machine men... mighty robots!!!!" running through my head now

i loved the show as a kid... dont remember the ad you guys are on about.

i had a few figures as a wee one... cant remember which ones though

anyone know how many card variations there are? i've only seen the gobot carded versions, the machine men card thats showing in sky's 1st post is all new to me. ( that i remember anyway....lol )

janda

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    The best source is probably Counter-X http://counter-x.net/gobots/index.html It even has some specific Machine Men content supplied by Jhiaxus, Robzy and me.
    Cheers mate. Maybe I can get back into watching the cartoon with a useful guide like this

I was flicking through that guide and saw the write up for "Escape from Elba" I remember that episode from my childhood. I really enjoyed. It's listed as episode 40 and I'm only up to episode 4... Might have to take a break from watching them in order to view that one tonight when I get home

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Yeah, I love Machine Men! I realise that most of my love is nostalgic as opposed to the TV show's quality. The toys themselves are simply amazing! Anyone who pays out Machine Men/GoBot toys (as I've read countless times, esp on international TF sites) has obviously never actually seen or held one in person.

My first recollections of Machine Men were watching the cartoon on Sat mornings. I actually remember the first episode I ever saw, and it was, rather amazingly, the first episode of the entire series ('Battle for Gobotron'). I distinctly remember seeing Cy-Kill, Crasher and Cop-Tur standing around a desk talking to Braxis. I recall thinking how odd Cop-Tur looked (although I didn't know his name then) as he seemed to have a beak for a mouth. I was probably about 5 years old. It was around this time I saw my first TF episode (which was 'Transport to Oblivion') but I can't recall which was first. I loved Machine Men ever since, but sadly never had a huge collection of the figures. I had a lot more TFs, but the few Machine Men I did have, I absolutely cherished.

Now, my collection is huge. I still haven't bought the new GoBots DVD yet... mainly because Warner Brothers don't ship DVDs to Australia and ebay's prices are a little steep. I will buy it eventually - hopefully they remaster and release the rest of the series too.