Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: BigBadToyStore (BBTS) (America) feedback

Wow, I'm quite happy with how quickly I got my last order processed. Had a sizeable pile sitting there and coulr no longer wait to get it shipped. Went from pile to shipped in less than 48hrs. Should show up fairly quickly too. Gonna be one big box heh.

Megatran Guest

I received what I felt was a substandard box of Smokescreen Reissue, which was not stated as such. There were plenty paint chips from the packaging & visually looked worst for wear. So I dropped an email to their Customer Service department, along with photos of the packaging. Waiting on their response.

Will update on how things pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I received what I felt was a substandard box of Smokescreen Reissue, which was not stated as such. There were plenty paint chips from the packaging & visually looked worst for wear. So I dropped an email to their Customer Service department, along with photos of the packaging. Waiting on their response.

Will update on how things pan out.
    Similar situation - ordered a standard grade figure and received something that can only be described as less than sub-standard. The plastic bubble is lifting off the cardback in several spots and is also cracked in one spot. Since placing the order they've updated their site to say that only sub-standard is available (C6 to C8). There was also another figure I received that looked like part of it had melted inside the packaging. This is clearly visible through the plastic bubble.

The order was part of liege's POL so he's emailed them with photos. This was my first experience with BBTS. If they don't come back with a favourable response, it will be my last.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Megatran Guest

Got a favourable response from BBTS:

Hello (removed my name),

Thank you for providing the additional information, it was very helpful. Once again I certainly apologize for the condition of the packaging that you received. At this time, we do not have any additional inventory available for an exchange. We can certainly arrange for you to return the figure for a full refund. Otherwise, if you prefer to keep the figure as is, I can offer you a $20.00 BBTS Store Credit to help compensate for the packaging condition.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed and have a wonderful day!

The item was under $50 and I intended to remove from the box anyway. So I opted for the $20 BBTS store credit.

Before Christmas I got a BBTS POL delivered and after Christmas I got around to opening my Blitzwing. it had two left tail fins, I contacted BBTS and they sent me a loose replacement Blitzwing free of charge.
    The loose one has very floppy legs but the tail fin fits my good one perfectly. No complaints at all.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I guess it comes down to who you speak to on the day. I had a similar issue once & there was no option of returning the item. They offered some recompense, but i really didn't want the $$$. I still use & recommend them though .

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Similar situation - ordered a standard grade figure and received something that can only be described as less than sub-standard. The plastic bubble is lifting off the cardback in several spots and is also cracked in one spot. Since placing the order they've updated their site to say that only sub-standard is available (C6 to C8). There was also another figure I received that looked like part of it had melted inside the packaging. This is clearly visible through the plastic bubble.

The order was part of liege's POL so he's emailed them with photos. This was my first experience with BBTS. If they don't come back with a favourable response, it will be my last.
    Just an update to my situation - BBTS offered a refund if the items were returned which is great but not ideal as I wanted those two figures and the only other place I could find selling them was Toywiz however they charge $75 for shipping They also confirmed that only sub-standard grade was available and that they actually picked the ones in the best condition for me. I can only take them at their word. Still, this is the first time I've ever ordered from them and I've never encountered difficulties like this before when using other online stores. My opinion is definitely soured and I won't be using their service again.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Was it a second hand piece or from there own stock they'd ordered? I only order new stuff and have not encountered a major problem.

Only thing that happened was with a living dead doll mel got had one of the arms knocking around the bottom of the box. When we emailed them on it, they gladly sent out a new figure free of charge and no need to return it.

It was ordered as standard grade (brand new) however they only had sub-standard in stock (C6-C8) and that's what they sent. They could only replace it with sub-standard but according to them they sent me the best one. The thing is, there was no price difference between standard and sub-standard (which they also admitted via email) which makes no sense at all. Why would someone order a sub-standard grade for the same price when both grades were available at the time the order was placed. My thought is they didn't want to reduce the price when they realised their stock was in sub-standard condition and that way they can get around issuing a refund for the difference and just pocket the money. Scam artists
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It was ordered as standard grade (brand new) however they only had sub-standard in stock (C6-C8) and that's what they sent. They could only replace it with sub-standard but according to them they sent me the best one. The thing is, there was no price difference between standard and sub-standard (which they also admitted via email) which makes no sense at all. Why would someone order a sub-standard grade for the same price when both grades were available at the time the order was placed. My thought is they didn't want to reduce the price when they realised their stock was in sub-standard condition and that way they can get around issuing a refund for the difference and just pocket the money. Scam artists
    i'm pretty sure they don't charge less for "sub-standard" ever. their definition of sub standard is that the figure is still in perfect condition and there is just some damage to the box.

I recieved one once where the bubble had a whole lot of whit film in it. I did buy as "sub-standard" but it wasn't any cheaper.

it turned out that the white film was residue from some sort of adhesive that was in some of the joints of the transformer. it was the last one they had so they gave me a store credit for it. I still have the transformer but it stays in vehicle mode. I think the adhesive must have been spilled before it was packaged in the factory.

Their "substandard" always states there is nothing wrong with the toy. in this case you were unlucky, maybe something was dropped on the carton in the warehouse. The "sub standard" option only becomes available if you are ordering a quantity higher than their standard packaging inventory.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)