Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Collector Club's Credit Card processors a definite leak - check yours

Default Collector Club's Credit Card processors a definite leak - check yours

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    ...how secure is it really?
    Not much. Currently on hold with my bank thanks to my credit card details having been stolen by someone thanks to this.
    Last edited by Sky Shadow; 14th March 2012 at 11:47 PM.

Wow
    So does the club not use secure encrypton for handling credit card details. Its not the first time I have heard that cards have been compromised .. but in this day and age it shouldn't be hard.

Yet another reason to try and secure the figure from the secondary market

They claim tom but what they do have is a flaky website/system for processing orders, that somehow when it was giving me errors instead gave my details, or allowed my details to be accessed, by someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Not much. Currently on hold with my bank thanks to my credit card details having been stolen by someone thanks to this.
    In the past, TFClub credit card orders have been quite incorrectly flagged as fraudlent by my credit card company, as they usually place an immediate charge for a few cents to verify that the card is valid for later billing. They aren't the only merchants to do this, of course, but before printing a bogus card and going into a store to buy lots of merchandise credit card thieves often do the SAME thing. Which means it looks suspicious.

Depending on your credit card company and level of protection, even purchasing from American merchants and then making a purchase from an Australian one can sometimes flag it. By the time the credit card company freezes the account, replaces the card, you might be without your credit card for several weeks. Which is a major hassle if you don't have eftpos cars to fall back on.

You have my sympathies.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Check you credit cards people. Just in case.
    I'm not sure why they are having security issues, as they do use 128bit Encryption on the site, but their charging service may be the leak.
    I had a look today, and saw on my credit card, a charge from a week ago to a Music site that I've never heard of.

The person who got my details used them with a Google Wallet account (something I didn't even know existed until this morning) and made purchases that were, mostly, micropayments, a few dollars at a time, which is why I didn't notice until I actually looked at my transaction history.

I'm not without a credit card for the next week, but do have my EFTPOS as a backup.

I have no doubt I'll get the money back, but the feeling of violation is unpleasant. So much so that I'm not going to get either the BotCon set or this year's club figures at all now, except via third parties as Zippo suggested. I just don't have faith in them at this point.

Can I suggest that those of you who have had strange credit card actions since your dealings with the club email them and let them know that they may have a security breach somewhere.

If they aren't informed they can't do anything about it. and I'm sure they would like to avoid that sort of publicity.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I left them an unhappy comment on Facebook this morning and directed an angry tweet at them. Then tonight a cooler head prevailed and I deleted the FB comment and emailed them telling them about the breach and explaining that was why I wouldn't be purchasing anything from them.

I agree others who've had problems should contact them too.

Ok, this is strange.

On 20 Jan 2012, I registered and got the confirmation from FunPub to say that all is sweet. Being paranoid, I checked to see if they charged my CC. They didn't charge it as of 25 Jan 2012, so I called them from SG. Appears that my CC has some block on online purchases (but then, why did the transaction "go through" in the first place?).

So I came back to HK, cleared the security issue and called them about it 1 hour ago. Still no cigar. Tried my wife's CC. Still no cigar. They then tried it manually, and it finally went through.

They told me that I'll likely have to go through the same process when I pre-order for Runabout (which I hear will be open for ordering soon). Gward save me!

On the plus side, their administrator has been very nice and polite throughout all these.

One of my credit cards has the same security measure, but claim that they'll approve the payment first, and just lock the card until they can verify if it has been compromised.
    It didn't help that this occurred at the same time as my main CC was being frozen for actually being compromised.

You should be able to ask your bank to relax its security settings, or get a new separate card with a small limit, that doesn't have restrictions, to use on foreign & online purchases.