Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To buy or not to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    Fungal, you've got to understand that not every figure will be available for sale when there is a sale. if you really like it...why don't buy it?
    i'm not asking everyone to buy every single figure (unless you are a vivid complete figure collector)

When there's a sale and if it happens that the figure is still available, you can always bring the old receipt along with you...buy the sale figure (that you've already got) and refund it on the spot. it will work out.

it's not a bad thing to do considering you taking the time and effort to go get the toy and that you are also saving money for your future collection.
    if you insist of waiting, well...all i can say is good luck

"Time and tide waits for no man"
    I'm not saying you shouldn't buy a toy you like. However, if you are like me and will buy a toy, even if it aint on special, then you should be afforded that luxury instead of having to go without just because someone else wanted that toy but wanted to save a few bucks in the process. I prefer to pay full retail for an item I want because I know I'll save time, fuel and money searching for it in the long run. Its like a Ferrari, those who can afford it will buy regardless of the price, they aint going to wait for it to go on sale (if ever). But how are they going to buy it if someone else, who mind you, isn't willing to pay the standard price, decides he wants it too and decides to take away that privilege? Just because you wish to save a few bucks doesn't give you the right to take away someone's ability to buy at full retail. What it comes down to is, if you must wait for a sale, then fine, leave the toy there so others who can't wait can buy it. If the sale starts and the toy is still there, then you've made yourself a saving. If it aint, then badluck, I guess those are who are willing to pay obviously want it more than you do. Simple and fair I say.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

totally agree with what you're saying too
    well, i guess its a decision Burn has to make for himself based on what we have suggested so far - what's right and what's wrong

I did end up caving and picked up Animated Ratchet and Black Arachnia.

I consider myself a mold collector, I like to have at least one of each mold (preferably the initial release) and there was only one each of Ratchet and BA while there were multiples of the others. So I figured they'd be best to snap up first.