View Poll Results: GEN-15 Legends Powerglide - worth buying?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 85.71%
  • Only if...

2 9.52%
  • Not worth it

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 4.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - GEN-15 Legends Powerglide

Default Toy Review - GEN-15 Legends Powerglide

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)
    Impressions of the group or a combiner as a whole can be posted here or in the pre-existing group review topic here.

POWERGLIDE
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Legends
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here - scheduled for March 2015 (out in Asia & America December 2014)
    Approximate Retail Price - AU$?? (probably about $20) US$10
    Approximate Size - 10cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Military jet
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Combiner accessory
    Main Colours - Red, light grey.
    Main Accessories - none

Powerglide

Robot Mode - awesome looks exactly like he did in the cartoon - so well done! I thought DOTM Powerglide was good but he eclipses him easily

Alt-Mode - so glad they have stuck with the A10 Thunderbolt model over the years, it always suits the character right down to the ground (odd for a jet but anyways). He feels a bit more elongated than the G1, Universe and DOTM versions (and a helluva lot more than the Bot Shots one ) but overall not too bad. The main downside I found is that the missile racks in his arms face inwards instead of down, they should have been able to make the forearms rotate so this could be fixed.

Targetmaster Mode - nah - looks weird. Looks like the Targetmaster partners we've been getting with the little 2014 Generations dudes. A very futuristic multi-function blaster yes - but give me something that actually looks a bit more like a gun.

Overall though - a great shout out to the G1 character

A lot of fun, but I've found the alt mode tail has a tendency to pop apart. The gun is a little bizarre, but cool to have as an option!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    A lot of fun, but I've found the alt mode tail has a tendency to pop apart. The gun is a little bizarre, but cool to have as an option!
    Yeah he has a little trouble keeping his legs together....

Otherwise he's the Powerglide I know and love from the original cartoon.

Here's my first review of the 2015 Combiner Wars Legends class figures with Powerglide. Probably my favourite out of the wave 1 figures along with Bombshell (review up next!)

Great aesthetic in both modes that really pays homage to the original G1 toy and cartoon! The transformation isn't too overly fiddly either (unlike Windcharger!).

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Powerglide - YouTube

Hope you can check it out, subscribe, like, and comment with your thoughts on this line so far!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I thought DOTM Powerglide was good but he eclipses him easily
    Exactly the reason why I will be picking him up also
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Personally don't have much trouble pegging the legs together, but there's little tabs that the wings have to be securely swiveled into before they'll stick firmly.

This guy is pretty cool overall. My only gripe is that they may have sacrificed some transformation complexity for the gun mode, which I'll never use. But oh well.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I thought this guy was a no-brainer, and while I do like him a lot, I just feel that his design and overall appearance has been compromised in order to cram in a (in my opinion) pointless "targetmaster" gimmick. I would have preferred a straight G1 powerglide homage/update - like what they did with Leader Megatron - rather than making him a Targetmaster/honorary Aerialbot. The "gun" mode looks silly anyway, and I don't like the resulting "flap" when in robot mode. I'm being ultra picky of course, I just feel like this guy deserved better. Having said all that, from front on, Powerglide looks amazing. Definitely not a Masterpiece substitute, but a good figure.

Here's my review of Powerglide http://youtu.be/VZmosOpjl4w

Great little figure
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain