Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121727 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

woohoo Nova gotta love it, one of my fav's

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    woohoo Nova gotta love it, one of my fav's
    Yeah, that's definitely one of my favourites. I am worried though that the title is heading for cancellation. Fact is, -any- non staple character only lasts about 20-30 issues. It's sad but true and I fear inevitably we'll lose Nova. I just really don't understand it though. Why do so many people continually drop comics? Surely they follow something but by the looks of -all- comics, it seems there are a lot of people who just down out and leave or jump to something else.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

jus read the New Avengers/Transformers comics....
    storyline was jus "meh"... will this ever be continued???
    can't believe they stop at just #4

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    jus read the New Avengers/Transformers comics....
    storyline was jus "meh"... will this ever be continued???
    can't believe they stop at just #4
    A lot of "limited series" are written this way these days to try and open up the opportunity to follow up with another mini. One of the lame gimmicks the industry uses. Kinda like bad repaints.

I don't think it'll be continued. You'll never know though. Marvel could want to time it with the upcoming TF movie next year and an Avengers movie on the horizon.
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs

hmmm so what's good and recent to be looking out for? sorry...i've lost track of comics and it's good to gain back some fun in reading rather than transforming toys

I'd recommend the IDW Spotlights. I can lend u the first HC collecting the first three series of IDWs stuff. It's massive but probably a very good read in one shot. Here it's this:
    http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/ind...ducts_id=39719

I loved Dreamwave WW and G1: War and Peace stuff. So they're my main recommendations. I don't really recommend going back to the Marvel/UK stuff. A lot of cringe worthy dialogue and very ordinary art. Though Bryan Hitch doing TFs was something I never knew!

cool..rock on!
    next meet...

TheDirtyDigger Guest

I have Spotlight Volume 1 for sale. You can have it cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Though Bryan Hitch doing TFs was something I never knew!
    He drew stuff other than Transformers?

What ever happened to that guy that drew the cover of TF UK #100? Alan Davis somebody? And that guy that drew the covers of US #53 and #67? Jim Lee I think his name was? Has he done anything else worth picking up?

I remember when I saw Bryan Hitch's art in X-Men Omega and I thought it sucked. I haven't looked at that issue in a while but it was probably not as bad as I remember, just very different from the less realstic style common in the X-books at the time. Same goes for Steve Epting on X-Factor/Factor X. I couldn't stand his art then but nowadays in Capt America is fantastic. Styles & tastes change.

If I had time I will try to pick up the new She-Hulk trade and the third collection of the Onslaught saga. Does anyone read New Warriors? I like the characters it's picked up (spoilers! X-Men in disguise!) but I don't like how they've been treated in general by the powers that be at Marvel.

Oh and a quick Mod note this thread should mainly be about non TF comics I guess... Discussion of TF comics should probably take place in the TF reviews section.