Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: How do you know it's time to move on from Transformers collecting

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I used to have dreams.... then I got married and was told not to have them anymore.
    LOL that's gold right there
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

(Sorry Gok, I still have you blocked as per the agreement but I saw this quoted by someone else and had to comment on it as my experience is so similar )

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Whenever I have those dreams, I always wake up just as I'm about to pay for them. The thing is, since around age 8, I always knew that they were dreams as they were happening, so I'd rush myself to try and finish the purchase so that I can open them and enjoy them before waking up... but alas, I never make it past the cash register.
    When I used to spend each weekend trawling different shopping centres for TF's it got into my head so much that at least once a month for years I'd have the same dream that involved me going through a toy store and finding all these rare TF's. Only thing is I'd get to the checkout and half of them would be gone from my basket. I had the dream so many times for so long that after I while I just always realized it was a dream and go "Aw f#ck, this is a bloody dream again isn't it"

I used to have dreams.... then I got married and was told not to have them anymore.
    Having kids and a mortgage killed mine

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Having kids and a mortgage killed mine
    I was told that my partner's dreams are on the list and mine aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Whenever I have those dreams, I always wake up just as I'm about to pay for them. The thing is, since around age 8, I always knew that they were dreams as they were happening, so I'd rush myself to try and finish the purchase so that I can open them and enjoy them before waking up... but alas, I never make it past the cash register.
    Okay, that's weird - I had exactly the same thing! Sometimes I'd actually get to pay for them though, however I never got to open them. I was either distracted by another person (in the dream) or the transformer would morph into another toy

I think that when I buy a house will be the time when I stop collecting, well not really stop but only collect Masterpiece.