Thread: What TF stuff did you buy when you found out your own minicon (baby) was on the way

Default What TF stuff did you buy when you found out your own minicon (baby) was on the way

Hi All,

I recently found out I have a baby on the way and wondering what transformers stuff / gear you guys got to get them to start them off with and sneakily for yourselves? its only early stages but hoping its a boy if its a girl well it'll be Arcee and Elita 1 gear there will be no frozen in my house haha

Congrats mate!

For us it was TF jammies, bowls and cups as well as rescue bots a bit later. Wasn't really anything for babies available at the time so it was more of a buy and store till he was able to fit or play with the stuff. In fact there's still stuff in the cupboard he's yet to get.

Our 14 month old has been happily playing with early release rescue bots since he was about 8 months old. They're pretty sturdy. Chase is the best with the big Optimus a close second.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Congrats Speros

Lets see, what did we get when our Minicon was on the way... well...

My wife
    When we confirmed she was pregnant I went on 80'stees.com and bought four XXL womens TF tops for her to wear as maternity t-shirts

My son
    When it was confirmed it was a boy and my wife okayed the name Orion I bought a Spotlight: Orion Pax comic and put it in a frame on the nursery wall. I then bought two Generations: Orion Pax toys and put them in a box - one for his 5th birthday and one for his 21st.

Since then I've pretty much bought every piece of little boys TF clothing I've come across and put it aside for him for when he is big enough to wear them. He is a size 3 now so is wearing lots of TFPrime t-shirts and loves his AOE pyjamas. He has clothing set aside to wear that will fit him up to the age of 10

He also has lots of toys I've bought for him over the years awaiting him in a huge crate for him to get old enough for them. This Xmas he is getting an Optimus Prime AOE floor puzzle, a Bumblebee AOE Bed Tent and a Bumblebee Rescue Bots Garage play set. He also has a big Stomp'n'Chomp Grimlock sitting there for his 4th birthday. He also has a Spotlight: Orion Pax comic (variant cover) that Starscream77 was nice enough to send me

My daughter
    When we found out it was going to be a girl I got a Generations: Arcee, Chromia and Windblade to put aside for her birthdays once she reaches 5+. I've also added since then a RID StrongArm and am getting sent via a very nice Krayt a Beast Hunters Arcee

I didn't need to buy anything in particular, as I already had a collection of baby-friendly TF toys such as My First Transformers, Transformers Go-Bots (aka TF Big Adventures), 1-2-3 Transformers and the Transformer plushies. In fact, I had a Transformer (Softimus Prime) on me when I held Yuki for the first time. Here's a picture of me holding her when she was just a few minutes old.

P.S.: Congrats!

I bought my daughter Softimus Prime and Slumblebee. My son got the TF Prime storybook pillow.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Is it bad that I can't remember what Transformers I got when all of my kids were born...

In my defence I do have 4 kids

Congrats on the expected bub mate.

For me, and this was on the assumption it was a boy, I bought the following:

- Mickey Mouse
    - G1 Seaspray (My first ever transformer as a kid, although technically I didn't really buy this one. I bought a junker and fixed up the one I had as a kid and gave it to him)
    - Generations Whirl (Whirl was my first bigger transformer as a kid so I bought the updated version for my son)

I haven't really given him Mickey or Whirl yet as he has only just turned 2 although he has figured out how to transform Seaspray. I also bought him the 3 My First Transformers after he was born. I had the jet still from when I was a kid and bought the car and truck from eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    Congrats mate!

For us it was TF jammies, bowls and cups as well as rescue bots a bit later. Wasn't really anything for babies available at the time so it was more of a buy and store till he was able to fit or play with the stuff. In fact there's still stuff in the cupboard he's yet to get.
    where did you get the TF bowls and cups? I haven't been able to find any with the exception of the 1980s Metal lunch box and thermal..

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Our 14 month old has been happily playing with early release rescue bots since he was about 8 months old. They're pretty sturdy. Chase is the best with the big Optimus a close second.
    I'm going to wait to see if its boy or girl before I buy rescue bots but I like the idea

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Congrats Speros

Lets see, what did we get when our Minicon was on the way... well...

My wife
    When we confirmed she was pregnant I went on 80'stees.com and bought four XXL womens TF tops for her to wear as maternity t-shirts

My son
    When it was confirmed it was a boy and my wife okayed the name Orion I bought a Spotlight: Orion Pax comic and put it in a frame on the nursery wall. I then bought two Generations: Orion Pax toys and put them in a box - one for his 5th birthday and one for his 21st.

Since then I've pretty much bought every piece of little boys TF clothing I've come across and put it aside for him for when he is big enough to wear them. He is a size 3 now so is wearing lots of TFPrime t-shirts and loves his AOE pyjamas. He has clothing set aside to wear that will fit him up to the age of 10

He also has lots of toys I've bought for him over the years awaiting him in a huge crate for him to get old enough for them. This Xmas he is getting an Optimus Prime AOE floor puzzle, a Bumblebee AOE Bed Tent and a Bumblebee Rescue Bots Garage play set. He also has a big Stomp'n'Chomp Grimlock sitting there for his 4th birthday. He also has a Spotlight: Orion Pax comic (variant cover) that Starscream77 was nice enough to send me

My daughter
    When we found out it was going to be a girl I got a Generations: Arcee, Chromia and Windblade to put aside for her birthdays once she reaches 5+. I've also added since then a RID StrongArm and am getting sent via a very nice Krayt a Beast Hunters Arcee
    haha My wife also gave the ok for the Orion name if its a boy but I'm not sure if she was joking. when he turns 18 will you change his name to Optimus and give him a matrix of leadership??

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I didn't need to buy anything in particular, as I already had a collection of baby-friendly TF toys such as My First Transformers, Transformers Go-Bots (aka TF Big Adventures), 1-2-3 Transformers and the Transformer plushies. In fact, I had a Transformer (Softimus Prime) on me when I held Yuki for the first time. Here's a picture of me holding her when she was just a few minutes old.

P.S.: Congrats!
    I found the plushies they're awesome I'll definitely be getting 1!

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I bought my daughter Softimus Prime and Slumblebee. My son got the TF Prime storybook pillow.
    I've been searching for the story book pillow its not easy to find!

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Is it bad that I can't remember what Transformers I got when all of my kids were born...

In my defence I do have 4 kids
    haha I'm sure it was something good my brother in law has 4 kids aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Congrats on the expected bub mate.

For me, and this was on the assumption it was a boy, I bought the following:

- Mickey Mouse
    - G1 Seaspray (My first ever transformer as a kid, although technically I didn't really buy this one. I bought a junker and fixed up the one I had as a kid and gave it to him)
    - Generations Whirl (Whirl was my first bigger transformer as a kid so I bought the updated version for my son)

I haven't really given him Mickey or Whirl yet as he has only just turned 2 although he has figured out how to transform Seaspray. I also bought him the 3 My First Transformers after he was born. I had the jet still from when I was a kid and bought the car and truck from eBay.
    I didn't realise the TF Mickey transformed it looks really good.

Thanks All for your ideas I managed to find a baby out fit Optimus style with a hat and another with a big Autobot symbol on the chest I think it'll be that and a optimus or bumble bee plushee G1 style of course. thanks for all much appreciated I'm sure this thread brought back some memories

Quote Originally Posted by speros View Post
    I didn't realise the TF Mickey transformed it looks really good.
    The great thing about that toy is that in vehicle mode, you can see Mickey sitting in the driver's seat, but as you transform the toy, Mickey actually tucks away and "reappears" on top of the robot mode's head in a different pose! Although my personal favourite Disney TF would be Buzz Lightyear. He transforms from Buzz Lightyear to Buzz's rocket ship. The Headmaster gimmick allows Buzz's head to detach and become a little Buzz who pilots the ship mode. Having said that, these are pretty small toys and not really worth paying much more than $30 IMHO.