Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Licensed Transformers items in Australia

Default 2017 Licensed Transformers items in Australia

In addition to the various licensed clothing items showing up in Target, people have been finding a number of random licensed, gimmicky items here in the last couple of months, from the Australian company "Park Avenue" (who have been doing licensed items for several years now, including the various Easter and Christmas items).

The first two items are TF5 Movie themed.

One is a collection of capsule figurines ($1 at Reject Shop, $2 at Kmart), just like the set released for the TF4 movie. Each capsule has a small plastic figurine, a sticker and a small bag of candy.
    There are 10 figures and 12 stickers, randomly in the capsules, which themselves are either grey or red. (not sure if that means anything)

The other TF5 item is a projector torch ($2 at Kmart), with one of 6 projected images, and strawberry candy.

The six different projected images - faces of Bumblebee and Optimus, and two different versions of the Autobot and Decepticon symbols.

And for RID comes some candy heads ($5 at Kmart), to go with the official PEZ dispensers released in America in the last year.
    There are four different ones in each case of 12 (4x Bumblebee, 3x Optimus, 3x Underbite, 2x Grimlock)... and the instructions suggest that there are additional mystery candy heads, but I haven't found any in five different Kmarts (if they exist).
    The top of the head screws off, you fill the head with candy, and when you put the top back on, it slides back to open the mouth and push out a candy on the bot's tongue.

Those The Last Knight figures that come out of the eggs were released in China last year with plastic cup sets. I got a few of the figures but never completed my set as I'm still after the Optimus holding his sword. Nice to see them popping up elsewhere too.

Do they also have the gold and silver versions of the same figures randomly in the eggs too or just standard colours?
    If anyone gets a spare Optimus (with sword) they wanna save for me I'd be grateful!

I found that the RID Candy Heads, released by the Australian company Park Avenue, are actually just repackaged versions of ones released in America, without any credit or mention of the original source - Radz... but researching that brand in America, it looks like it might no longer exist, as their website isn't working, and their facebook page has had no posts since 2015. So maybe Park Avenue obtained excess stock, and repacked it for Australia.

There are differences though.
    In America they were released in blind bags, so it was a mystery... which explains why the insert on ours says to look for "secret limited edition characters" - we probably didn't have any here, but that calls out to the original American release.
    Also, the American release had eight character heads, compared to our four. Their extra heads were Strongarm, Sideswipe, Steeljaw, and Fixit. Fixit was their limited edition figure, and images of Strongamr and Sideswipe were included on our inserts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Do they also have the gold and silver versions of the same figures randomly in the eggs too or just standard colours?
    If anyone gets a spare Optimus (with sword) they wanna save for me I'd be grateful!
    Ours are just the coloured ones.
    Come visit Brisbane and you can have one of mine...

Park Avenue have released another licensed Transformers item - another one of their coffee mugs, with something edible inside... this time marshmallows.
    $5 at Kmart.

A group photo of the various Christmas/Easter mugs here in Australia...

Optimus is on all of them, and was on the same side of the handle on all except on the latest one.
    Bumblebee is on all but the first one, with Megatron being the other character.
    Actually, Park Avenue have always had Optimus and Bumblebee, and they have always seem to be the current Movie version of each.
    The first one, done by Kinnnerton, was not just the biggest, but it was also the best one, for having a heat-sensitive patch between Optimus and Megatron. It was black when it was cold, but would go clear when it was hot (with a hot drink inside), revealing the two allegiance symbols. The black patch peeled off a few years afterwards, just from washing the mug after usage.

From a tipoff on facebook, Aldi have a Transformers advent calendar for Christmas for $3.

I can't tell if it is by Park Avenue, or one of Aldi's brands.

The blue advent calendar from Aldi, for $3... and the red advent calendar from Target (by a different company and importer), for $4.
    The red one is obviously by Kinnerton, but the blue one is almost entirely absent of any source company, other than a website for enquiries. A bit like the home brands of Coles and Woolies, with anonymous companies producing the products, which I guess is like everything at Aldi.

There's a bit more chocolate in the red one, which is probably why it's $1 more expensive.

And at Kmart, another Christmas merchandise item has been found.
    A mini lunchbox, with marshmallows inside, featuring RID Optimus and Bumblebee, for $8.
    The front side is embossed, while the back is flat, with the same image.
    The lunchbox is significantly smaller than previous (novelty) lunchboxes, as seen in the last photo, but still useful for storing accessories or small Transformers toys... or taking to work with your actual lunch in it.

Default TF Advent Calanders

Meant to post this a while ago but they have Transformer Advent Calamders (TLK themed but could be AoE I guess) for a couple of bucks at Aldi. Also My Little Pony ones as well.

Will post a pic when I get my computer back from the techno-mechanic

Does it look anything like this?

I can't remember if I've posted it on our facebook page yet... I'll have to check that out tonight, and post it if I haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Does it look anything like this?

I can't remember if I've posted it on our facebook page yet... I'll have to check that out tonight, and post it if I haven't.
    Yeah it’s the blue one. Sorry mate, missed that post of yours. Feel free to merge/delete thread