Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music Label Soundwave

Default Music Label Soundwave

Last weekend I received my music label Soundwave (blue). I have bought a Mini SD card today, loaded MP3s and placed it in Soundwave's card reader.

The thing just blinks and blinks but no sound comes out of the earphones. I have formated the card from fat to fat32 to see if that would fix it but it hasn't. On top of that, the MP3 player should turn off when you push the play/pause button for 2 seconds but it doesn't.

Do I have a faulty one or something? If so I am screwed since I bought this off ebay and it will be hell to replace.
    ________
    Apple games
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:31 PM.

Is your SD card 1GB? It only accepts 1GB cards.

As for the turn off feature, I'm not sure about that one. I thought it was an auto-off thing if not playing.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

hmm does it only allow 1GB SD cards...that's kind of sad

Its an Apacer 1GB Mini-SD card.

I have noticed that if I don't insert the card I am able to turn it off but if I insert the card, it freaks the player out and it just blinks endlessly. Sometimes when I push the play button while its flashing it will produce a solid blue light until I eject the card, then I can turn it off.

So far there has been no output at all through the earphones and I have tried several.

The trouble is that this is the only card that I have and there is a possibility that the player doesn't like this particular brand but I am not sure since I don't have another.

Edit: From the reviews that I have been reading it can play 2GB cards but they need to be formatted to FAT32 to play.
    ________
    Baltimore assembly
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:31 PM.

Talking

I remember thinking mine was faulty when I first got mine but found out that you have to hold the play/pause button for 2 seconds to turn the thing on. Then you use the up/down keys to adjust the volume level. To turn it off, just press the play/puase button once, then press it again and hold it for 2 seconds. I also didn't format my card when I first got it and just dragged and dropped my songs straight onto the card. If these solutions/suggestions don't work, then yours might actually be faulty, in which case I have no solution!

Thanks Fungal, Tiby and everyone giving me a hand but it is still not working.

I already know how it works and do manage to turn it on but it just doesn't do anything but blink. The only way to confirm if I have a faulty player is by testing it with another Mini SD card that unfortunately I dont have.
    ________
    Schizophrenia forums
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:32 PM.

Might be best to try another card first - they are pretty cheap now (20 bucks or so) and you can always use the other card for something else.

In any event, I must say I used it only once. With no screen and poor navigation, it is not a very good MP3 player. I like him for the design and concept, rather than to actually use as a player.

www.megatron.net.au

Quote Originally Posted by Tiby View Post
    Might be best to try another card first - they are pretty cheap now (20 bucks or so) and you can always use the other card for something else.

In any event, I must say I used it only once. With no screen and poor navigation, it is not a very good MP3 player. I like him for the design and concept, rather than to actually use as a player.
    I don't listen to music, I only got him for the same reasons as you but I sure hell want it to work!

What SD card brand are you using please? I honestly never had to use a Mini SD card until now so I never owned one before so I am a bit reluctant to buy another but I need to try it.
    ________
    Handjob gay
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:32 PM.

See if you have a friend/co-worker with a mobile which uses mini-SD cards. I know my old nokia phone as well as many other older phones used a mini SD card. Ask them to upload a song or 2 onto their card and then pop the card into your player to confirm if its a card compatibility issue. It seems no one actually bought Soundwave to listen to music as I also bought him for the novelty value!!
    Last edited by Fungal Infection; 8th January 2008 at 07:12 PM.

I use a Sandisk card, which I bought specifically for Soundwave. But I think Fungal's plan is best.

www.megatron.net.au