Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263141 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

Decision time.

Do I go with Hasbro Generations

or Takara Generations

Normall I would choose Hasbro as of late cause Takara's chrome paints are getting a bit garish for my taste, but they both look great.

I like the Hasbro one, I don't know if it would look too bright in real life or the plastic cheap but it just jumps out at you in a nice way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    I like the Hasbro one, I don't know if it would look too bright in real life or the plastic cheap but it just jumps out at you in a nice way.
    Same.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Get whichever tickles your fancy or is cheaper/easier for you to get. They both look fantastic, so you're a winner either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Get whichever tickles your fancy or is cheaper/easier for you to get. They both look fantastic, so you're a winner either way.
    I agree with both of these, if you like them both equally get the cheapest one, leaving more money for others, perhaps a Rhinox.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Hhhhmmmm... not sure if I wanna preorder MP22 Ultra Magnus or wait and hope/see for a cheaper Hasbro release. I guess it'll depend on MP22's RRP and what the preorder discount price is like... but MP10 was already 23100JPY (~$250). BBTS has their preorder price at US$280. $300 is the most I've ever paid for a single Transformer, and in both instances their names ended with "Maximus." I'm really not sure if I wanna hit that record again with a non-Maximus toy.

I don't want to make the same "mistake" that I made w/ MP Soundwave & cassettes which I ended up paying about $200 for... I would've saved myself a nice $50 if I'd bought it locally. But on the other hand, I've never seen an MP Soundwave at TRU (then again, I didn't hunt for him either -- a mate of mine who was in hospital when Soundwave came out just managed to find one at a local TRU just yesterday). I'm sure I'd be able to find a cheaper preorder price on Amazon Japan, although it still wouldn't be as cheap as local Hasbro prices.

So I'm not sure if I should jump and preorder an MP22 as soon as it's listed on Amazon JP, or just wait a month or so and see if news comes out for a Hasbro version, then just wait for it to be released locally, but also having to go through all the time/effort of hunting it down (making truckloads of phone calls for weeks and driving around for days etc.). Encore Fortress Maximus cost me about $250 at preorder price... do I really want to pay a similar price to that for an MP? Hhmmm...

A familiar conundrum these days isn't it? So basically:

A) Pre-order now (from BBTS or similar).
    B) Pre-order from Amazon JP when available.
    C) Wait and hope for cheaper Hasbro release.

Given that the likelihood of a Hasbro version is high (almost certain?) in a non-licensed product (contrast with MP cars so far), I am personally opting for the last choice. I also never saw a Soundwave at local TRU stores, despite making some attempts to track it down... in the end ordering online from TRU served well enough, and I might be banking on this again. For me there is also the potential from the Perth pre-order llamatron kindly organizes.

Even if I miss out on all this, recent history suggests that second runs are the go (from Takara anyway). I'd been trying to get my hands on MP-08 for (literally) years, and was extremely happy when the reissue happened. Yes I ended up paying a little more, but for the time that passed, it was OK.
    Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!

I always go with my version of option B for my JP preorders. wait for HLJ. I would do Amazon JP but the US Amazon has damaged my packaging to many times now (sometime deliberately) and I can't read Japanese and I don't have access to a Japanese address.

I'm torn as to if I should get a Star Convoy or not.

On the plus side he's a Prime, on the con side he's another red, white and blue brick. What do you guys think?

He is indeed a pretty ordinary action figure, but he is an incredibly fun Micromaster play set!

Although at 8000JPY ($86) he's by no means cheap, but I think he's worth it. No idea what aftermarket prices for the reissue would be, let alone for the original G1. The reissue does replace the whites with silver which looks nicer IMHO. The toy on its own has limited play value, but if you already have a collection of other Micromasters and Micromaster playsets, then I would recommend considering it if you can find it at a good price.