Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Collectors Tips and questions

To answer the queries, i would like to have a play set, not of every item, just the ones i particularly like. Also a collection like library piece. This would not be for all pieces otherwise i would go broke very quickly.

Also to make it an heirloom item. which can be then passed down and enjoyed. I know this may sound a little weird. But after seeing a few reviews of the unicron vs prime combiner, it doesn't look like the best so i will only get one of him i feel.

I understand where you are coming from Cyberius and I was starting to think whether I should star getting 2 copies of some of my purchases. My reasoning though is because I have a son (just under 1 atm) and I one day hope he enjoys Transformers as much as I do.

If that is the case then I want him to have a great collection of his own and I figure buying a few select pieces along the way will help get him started once he is old enough to play with them. I have purchased 2 Generations Whirls for this reason and I also want to get him a Seaspray if possible (both being my first 2 although Whirl was an original G1).

On a side note, I also want to do it so that he is hopefully less tempted to try and break into my cabinets and play with my collection!

I have a five year old who's had contact w/ my Transformers since birth, and I've never had any problem of broken toys. She's extremely careful with toys, especially action figures. And I've never had to teach her how to treat the toys properly, I think it's because she's grown up watching me play with toys, and now she's at the age where we play together. She even carefully puts them back on the correct shelf when she's done. She's now taken interest in playing with some of my G1 toys - her favourites are Ramhorn, Steeljaw and Reflector. I happily let her play with them, because I know that she takes good care of them. She handled with an original G1 Galaxy Shuttle when she was about a year old.

But I personally find that she's always been more interested in my PlaySkool and Tonka Transformers anyway. Again, I've never had to tell her to play with those toys, but she's just naturally gravitated towards them. Possibly because they have brighter colours and more cutesy designs that appeal to infants -- and of course, engineering that's designed for infants' motor skill level (and thus more doable for them). So perhaps just keep your PlaySkool Transformers in easy reach, and they might just go for those instead of the other toys until they're older.