Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformer Treasure Chest - Japan Exclusives and Rare Figures

Thumbs up Transformer Treasure Chest - Japan Exclusives and Rare Figures

Hi fellow Trans-fans,
    My name's Wade and I'm an Aussie Transformer since the early 80's.
    I have a fairly decent collection of original G1 figures. I have lived in Tokyo, Japan for the last 15 years, the hallowed birthplace of the original toys.
    I've been particularly fascinated with the MasterPiece figures these last so many years as they are the way I always wanted my old G1 toys to look. Japan puts out some very spectacular versions over here which I've noticed can be hard to get outside Japan and at reasonable prices. There's a lot of treasures to be picked up cheap over here with some Japanese language skills and a lot of web surfing and haggling with sellers and suppliers. .
    I'm decided to finally do what I've wanted to all my life, and start a small home side business called Transformers Treasure Chest, where I source hard to find Japan exclusives and/or find lower prices on regular figures lower than the big toy stores. I've dug up a heap of small and large suppliers here in Japan and I want to help Trans-fans get the bots and cons they are looking for.
    I will be using YouTube and a blog or site eventually to let people know what figures I have found, but for now I am will work by word of mouth in the community as I work on the nuts and bolts of my system in my spare time, and gauge interest in such a service, when I'm not at work or looking after my little daughter.

There are two common ways I will be sourcing TF figures over here for people.

First way : I will will dig up good deals on set price figures from big and small suppliers over here. These I will probably post image links to here or make a YouTube video on or put on a blog until I've made a proper site. With a young daughter and a son due in Jan, it will take me a while to set things up properly.
    These set price items will be ordered when the Oz side buyer pays me through PayPal. If stock runs out before I get my Japan side order processed then I immediately refund you.

Second way : I find good deals on Japanese toy fan auction sites and announce here. Or a member here asks me to try to dig up a particular figure and I do find the item in question. . As auctions don't give set prices except for occasional Buy Now type deals, then if the member agrees to transfer their max amount by PayPal, I start bidding on in your behalf to win the item within that price. If the bidding on the auction site I'm bidding through goes past that max amount, then I just refund the payment immediately. This 'second way' is probably for really keen collectors who really want to nab the figure they are after.

Any thoughts on the above two methods ? And feedback ? I'm trying to think of fair ways for this to work out for you guys and me and the same time. I am planning on doing things like this as I can't just buy up heaps of figures and hope someone buys them at some stage. (And that's of like scalping too.) At least, I can't do that at the beginning.

Feel free to give me a shout out and talk Trans-stuff,
    Cheers,
    Wade
    Transformers Treasure Chest

Hi wade,

From my last post about the G1's i would like the japanese ones if thats possible, let us know if you see any from my list and prices and will get back to you.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Crankcase, just to narrow down the search parameters do you want :
    -Original G1
    -Encore G1
    and
    -Only New
    -Second hand

This will make it a lot easier.

Cheers,
    Wade

Wade how tricky is it to find M.A.S.K?

Hey Wade.. how about some Jumbo Machinders?

Thumbs up Requests

Hey guys,
    When you make a inquiry or request for figures could you add a link to an site like a fan wiki etc) that gives info about the franchise/figures and also add some more information like if you're looking for new and/or second hand figures, Japanese editions or English language country editions etc.
    This helps out heaps so I don't have to start from scratch trying to figure out what an unfamiliar figure or franchise is and what it is exactly that you're looking for which reduces a lot of initial back and forward posting just to understand what it is that you are looking for. Basically the more info you can provide, the more likely I'll be able to dig up a cool deal for you.
    I am more or less a Transformers fan and so unfamiliar with most other franchises and don't know everything about the various likes of Transformers either.
    Much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Wade

Hi, I'm after Shattered Glass Rodimus Prime please

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Rodimus_(SG)#Toys

Cheers

Hey Wade,

If you ever come across a Henkei Dinobot during your travels, I'd really appreciate it if you could snag it for me (unless they're asking an absolute fortune for it).

Thanks Mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Hi, I'm after Shattered Glass Rodimus Prime please

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Rodimus_(SG)#Toys

Cheers
    Dude, that figure seems to be virtually non-existent. Like a robotic sasquatch.
    Will keep my eye out though.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by The_Black_Sheep View Post
    Hey Wade,

If you ever come across a Henkei Dinobot during your travels, I'd really appreciate it if you could snag it for me (unless they're asking an absolute fortune for it).

Thanks Mate!
    I can find a second hand one in good condition for $260 AUD including shipping to Oz. https://www.flickr.com/photos/wolver...t/16008326611/

New, is much steeper at $500 AUD including shipping for an Takara Tomy one
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/wolver...t/15824526537/

...and $320 AUD including shipping for one with English on the box
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/wolver...t/15390659603/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/wolver...t/15824526567/

That's all I can turn up, mate.

Wade