View Poll Results: Which is your favourite?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Airazor

0 0%
  • Cheetor

1 4.00%
  • Claw Jaw / Spittor

0 0%
  • Depth Charge

6 24.00%
  • Inferno / Scavenger

0 0%
  • Megatron

4 16.00%
  • Optimal Optimus

1 4.00%
  • Optimus Primal

4 16.00%
  • Rampage

7 28.00%
  • Rattrap

0 0%
  • Ravage / Tigatron

0 0%
  • Rhinox

0 0%
  • Tarantulas

2 8.00%
  • Terrorsaur

0 0%
  • Waspinator

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is your favourite Transmetal toy?

Default Who is your favourite Transmetal toy?

As with previous polls this one is only concerned with what you think about the toys at the time that they came out. Additionally unlike previous polls, this one includes toys from different size classes/price points, so please try to consider which is your favourite toy relative to their size and price. Thank you.

I voted for Megatron with the caveat that I'm referring to the Takara version. The Hasbro version shares the same design but sadly suffers from BPS.

P.S.: There will be a future poll coming later for Transmetal 2s. Chillax.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    P.S.: There will be a future poll coming later for Transmetal 2s. Chillax.
    Then why did you include Optimal Optimus in this poll?
    Never mind. Did some research and answered my own question.

And the answer is Rampage. Crabtank FTW!!!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Rampage is a close second for me. He is very, very awesome. Rampage is the is among the only* toy on this list that I didn't get until after I saw him on the show. Back then I had the eps sent to me by a mate in the US on VHS tape so that I could watch them ASAP and I remember the first time I saw Rampage appear on the show and transform into his tank mode... seeing the tank treads come out my jaw dropped and went, "WWWHHHHOOOOAAAAAA!" Then I had some other Transfans (including Jhiaxus) come over and we had a Season 2 marathon (and they hadn't seen it yet), and everyone just went nuts when we saw that scene. But we also thought that it must've been a bit of creative licensing on the part of the animators (much like say Primal's Prime Jets etc.) and there's no way that the toy would be able to do that.

Then I got the toy and went nuts all over again.

--------------------------------------------
    *excluding Ravage who was based on the show model and TMs that never appeared on the show

So many wonderful figures from the transmetal line. There isnt one that I dont own or like, I even got the fox kids repaints just cause I like them some much.

I went Optimal Optimus just because of the time I managed to pick him up for $3 at a Salvos, and the pure joy that I had playing with him.

Megatron would have got my vote if I didnt break 2 figures from GPS. Yes I am on my 3rd TM Megatron

I still find it funny how Western fans and Japanese fans generally have polar opposite views of the Transmetals. Transmetals are quite popular with Western fans, and we all remember how excited we got when news and pics came out online, then reading reviews, then finding them in stores, and then seeing them on the show! Squeee! But Japanese fans had a very different reaction, with many of them criticising the Metals line for failing to look like convincing robots in disguise. Because as awesome as the Transmetals are, none of them have realistic looking beast modes. Consequently Beast Wars Metals did not enjoy the same level of success in Japan, and Takara followed it by reverting back to realistic beast modes with Beast Wars Neo.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I went Optimal Optimus just because of the time I managed to pick him up for $3 at a Salvos, and the pure joy that I had playing with him.
    That's a damn sight cheaper than the $80 I paid for mine at TRU.

Megatron was my second choice. I too have the Japanese version so not brittle plastic for me.

Also, a roller skating Tyrannosaurus Rex. Is there a better definition of awesome?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

"Robots in disguise!"
    "Here is a tyrannosaurus rex with VTOL jets and roller skates. Your argument is invalid."

I've been waiting for this poll as it's the only one I can properly contribute to

Despite at the time not really being a BW fan it had been years since I had bought a TF and hadn't discovered eBay yet. I needed a new TF!

I went in to a Myers and there were two there that looked metallic and not just organic in nature. I chose Depth Charge over the other mainly because the other had a recycled G1 name.

After buying it I went and watched an episode he was in (think it was the one where he was stunned and Rattrap had to row him down a river) and quite liked it. It was my first positive foray into the BW world and my appreciation for it has slowly grown since. Plus it was a cool toy!

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    This was the other one on offer I nearly bought as I dug his tank mode - I just didn't like the name usage. But maybe I'll pick him up one day, until then I'll just make do with the Timelines version

I never had any as a kid...

Now that I do have some...Rampage.

The others I have (Depth Charge, Tarantulas, Airazor, Rattrap, Optimus Primal) are all pretty damn good, but Rampage just has presence.

Shockeract, (or Rampage if that's not a valid choice).