View Poll Results: Which is your favourite?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Airazor

0 0%
  • Cheetor

1 4.00%
  • Claw Jaw / Spittor

0 0%
  • Depth Charge

6 24.00%
  • Inferno / Scavenger

0 0%
  • Megatron

4 16.00%
  • Optimal Optimus

1 4.00%
  • Optimus Primal

4 16.00%
  • Rampage

7 28.00%
  • Rattrap

0 0%
  • Ravage / Tigatron

0 0%
  • Rhinox

0 0%
  • Tarantulas

2 8.00%
  • Terrorsaur

0 0%
  • Waspinator

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is your favourite Transmetal toy?

Transmetals got me super excited as a kid older than the target demographic. I wasn't that fond of the realistic beast modes, but when I saw the Transmetals!
    Robot animals!?? Hell yeah, look at that shiny gorilla with a flying surfboard! THAT is amazing!

Reminded me of Dinobots all over again.

Only bought Optimus Primal though., followed by Optimus Minor, but I think he was TM2

Rampage is total ti^^ies now but as a young fella a monkey on a freaking surfboard is mega ti^^ies!!
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Snowboarding Monkey for me Still got the original though missing one of its maces.

Can anyone help?
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Tarantulas.. love how those legs can be posed so menacingly on his back like spikes on a grand armor in robot mode.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Tough one. Looking at ones I got at the time Megatron, Rattrap and Terrorsaur are all strong contenders, but Tarantulas is the winner. First TM I bought, first Tarantulas toy I bought, and although the vehicle mode was pretty weak, he was such a glorious looking robot spider and creepy looking robot.

(I'd completely forgotten about the BotCon TM Tigatron, Arcee made a much stronger lasting impression)

Rampage easy, from the days when the Ultra class actually meant something.

Never had any when the show was airing but when I got back into Transformers, the one figure I was most proud of finding was Depth Charge, so that had to be answer.

Not many weak toys on that list at all. I feel that Megatron would be more popular if he wasn't so fragile. Even the non show character transmetals were awesome, Waspinator was my first transmetal and while I'm glad that in the show he stayed in his regular form throughout, the toy is awesome.

Having Rampage and Depth Charge being of similar bulk really helped sell their feud as well.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Takara's Metals Megatron is just a spectacular toy. All of Transmetal Megatron's strengths without his weakness.

I must confess that I was disappointed with Transmetal Waspinator. When images of that toy first came online I thought that his vehicle mode would be practically a jet fighter... but it's essentially a robotic wasp with "jetesque" bits tacked to it (which is basically what all the vehicle modes are, essentially being more 'intermediate' modes). But I saw the pics before the toys came out and it got my hopes up. I don't think that Waspinator is a bad toy, but I'd just allowed myself to get so hyped up about it that it couldn't meet my inflated expectations.

I went with Depth Charge - an interesting transformation, aesthetically nice beast and vehicle modes, and great play features.