Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Guess How Much You Have Spent This Year Game

Default The Guess How Much You Have Spent This Year Game

We are approaching end of 2016. Last year around November my wife asked me how much I had spent on Transformers for the year?

Knowing that question may come again this year I thought I should prepare myself. Now I don't keep a hard running total of my purchasing through the year but guessed I had spent ~$2,500, which would be up ~40% on 2015.

To my shock I just did an accurate tally of my spend and it has come to ~$3,500!

There are some reasons that help explain the budget blowout. First I have spent up to catchup on some prior MP releases (EVA MP-10, MP Sunstorm) that was obviously expensive but I did get sign off from the Mrs on these. Also I ordered a couple doubles to fractionalise shipping that I may sell down the road. Lastly, shifting from NY to PC has brought forward payment on orders like MP Inferno and Grapple from 2017 to 2016.

In 2017 I reckon my spending will drop to ~$2,000-$2,500 because I'm done playing MP catchup and I've been collecting Combiner Wars this year but am not interested in Titans Return except for the Titan Class figures (ie Trypticon next year).

So in the interests of entertainment, what do you think you have spent this year and what have you actually spent this year? If you don't wish to quote $ then just give a rough % difference between guess and actual. As a bonus question, do you expect to spend more or less in 2017?

I've spent too bloody much hahaha. I'll do a more accurate when I can be bothered

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I've spent too bloody much hahaha. I'll do a more accurate when I can be bothered
    Haha that's the truth. If I wasn't accountable to anyone else for my spending I wouldn't bother adding it up either. Just gave my Mrs the updated spend for the year and she was fine with it.

This year I have spent $25 on Voyager Sky Lynx. I suppose I may add $300-500 if I decide to pick up some of the TR Deluxes (at least the original 7 that were featured in Headmasters), and perhaps Sixshot + Fortress. I didn't spent all that much last year as well. (probably my spend on Star Wars Lego in the past 6 months exceeds both years.)

I've kept a hard running total for the past 6 years, and my worst year ashamedly goes beyond your 2016. Close to double. In addition, I've got 3 other years that exceed your guestimate

The biggest hits were also from chasing up figures, mainly Classicsverse from 2006, and becoming an exclusives/Botcon junkie. After nearly finishing that collection, I wound back to picking and choosing and ended up with mainly third party stuff (included in prev years calcs).

TR looks promising and I expect spending to step up for 2017, but I doubt I'll allow it to run amuck.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I don't want to check!!!

Ok, just had a quick think and I believe I've spent less this year than last year.

2015 was the year where I was piecing together the items from my "I would love to get this for a price that doesn't get me a stay in La Maison de Chien". That year I crossed off Fire Guts God Ginrai and MP Eva Convoy amongst a few other shinies from that list and picked up the usual assortment of MPs and bots.

This year its definately been less quantity and mostly pre-orders with most of it coming in Q4 with stuff like TT Fort Max, MAS Optimus so my postie had better be working out!

Thanks to the member sales board here I've pretty much struck off most items on that list so 2017 should follow a trend down in spending though I have some funds reserved for some Titan class dino and hopefully any wishful thinking news of a G1 reissue of Scorponok prior to the Titan version.

Thought I'd spent $1500, so far I've spent $815. This includes MP Ironhide, Hotrod, Shockwave, Ratchet and Ramjet.

By the end of the year with MP Thrust, Skywarp and Inferno, that would go up to $1555. So pretty spot on

I really dont want to know... I should be saving

Are we only talking official transformers here?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    I counted unofficial figs as well. If it weren't for this franchise/obsession I wouldn't have parted with those funds.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    Yep if you consider unofficial stuff you buy as still Transformers I would count it.