View Poll Results: Would you purchase a new MP Convoy & Starscream?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Probably would - I own at least one existing MP version of these characters

18 40.91%
  • Probably would - I do not own any existing MP versions of these characters

0 0%
  • Probably would not - I own existing MP versions of these characters

21 47.73%
  • Unsure

5 11.36%
  • Other (please specify)

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you purchase a new MP Convoy & Starscream?

Default Would you purchase a new MP Convoy & Starscream?

Let's say TakaraTOMY were to release a new MP Convoy and Starscream with greater show-accuracy. Would you be likely to purchase these toys or would you be satisfied with the figures that you already have?

MP10 is great but I would fall for a new one too. Starscream I think is in desperate need of a redo. Grimlock too.

Yeah,I would.

Just looking at those comparison photos, if TT could work their design wizardry & somehow find a way to hide the truck wheels on the outer legs and silver strip on the forearms, it'd be a pretty close representation. Perhaps incorporate flip out wheels ala MP Magnus?

The colour match to the cartoon would be quite easy to do. Then there's the 16 pack which needs shortening slightly, but that may be too much to incorporate with transformation.

I'd be keen... kinda liking the more 'toon accurate vibe that TT is taking

I'd be all in for a good Starscream, not having bought any since the Greenscream debacle. Yes, I'm still bitter about the change from the picture scan that came with Hybrid convoy

But I'm happy enough with MP 10. The slavish cartoon accuracy isn't required in my books and could work against him, by making him look a bit plain.

I think Star saber is a tad on the plain side.

I'm going to go with "No"

Already have Mp10 and very happy, and just dropped $65 on a preorder for the MP11 reissue

I voted no. I'm pretty happy with MP10 and MP11.

Although I wish MP10 had a slightly bigger, solid rifle (I'm not a fan of the folding rifle) and I would've liked to see some of the aesthetics of MP3 on MP11 (my ideal MP Starscream would be largely MP3-based with some of the improvements of MP11), even if those were addressed, I don't see myself buying new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Yeah,I would.

Just looking at those comparison photos, if TT could work their design wizardry & somehow find a way to hide the truck wheels on the outer legs and silver strip on the forearms, it'd be a pretty close representation. Perhaps incorporate flip out wheels ala MP Magnus?
    I'm not sure if that would be possible on the current mould, as both the forearms and the legs don't have much room for such changes as they are: the forearms already conceal the hands, and there may not be enough space to have more plastic to fold and conceal the silver stripes without adding bulk to the forearms, which would then affect the proportions and possibly the transformation; and any rotating panels on the lower legs to hide the wheels inside would likely not leave room for the thighs to telescope in and out of the legs for transformation and still have solid, sturdy legs for the figure to stand with.

Seems to me like MP10 would have to be substantially reworked for those changes.

I voted no. Once you start with a + version of MP10 and MP11, you could keep going with MP12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20 etc. etc. until the cows come home. I'd rather TT focus on bringing out new figures rather than rehashing old ones.

Let's not forget that some of the design decisions (Ultra Magnus' butt flap, Ironhide/Ratchet's hip kibble) ruins the whole point of cartoon accuracy. IMO no toy will be 100% cartoon accurate. You'll get a very plain looking toy with little detail.

I think TT should return to the original Masterpiece designs of balancing cartoon accuracy with real-world detail.

MP11 should have been an entirely new mold instead of a retool the legs are seriously lacking in poseabilty compared to recent MP's it's too late to redo the mold with the last conehead due out anytime now I am DONE with MP seekers.

I might buy a new Prime if only to have him look better with Megatron but I really don't want to support more Optimus Prime toys as they hardly ever need an excuse to make a new one.

No, because I just bought the reissue of MP 10 & 11 when they went live a couple of weeks ago.