• Shockwave

4 23.53%
  • Other

8 47.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: your Top 5 or 10 wanted MPM (Movie Masterpiece) figures

Default your Top 5 or 10 wanted MPM (Movie Masterpiece) figures

So, we have this re-emergence of the MasterPiece Movie line. It looks like these may be in a lot of ways THE Definitive versions of these characters in toy form.

I like a lot of the movie designs, and I imagine there are others who wish certain characters had received a better version of themselves as a toy.

The first was a re-use of a pretty impressive bumblebee mould and the second was a re-use of the Leader Starscream mould, though based on all reports (I have it but am sadly yet to open it) the leader could be considered a re-use of the Masterpiece mould.

We have now arrived at MPM-03 being a new Bumblebee mould which from all accounts seems to be the definitive version of a movie bumblebee. The next MPM-04 looks like it may also be a contender for the title of definitive version of Movie Optimus prime, at least for the first 3 films.

There was rumours that the next MPM-05 might be Movie 1-3 Barricade. Not sure if this is still the case.

Up until now, I've been considering the Human Alliance line to be some of the best versions of movie Characters, especially Jazz and the wreckers.

My question to you:
    Assuming you're interested in a line of complex, yet intuitive potentially definitive Masterpiece style Movie characters, Who would you like to see. A top 5 or 10, reasons would be interesting to read as well.
    Are there any characters you wouldn't include on this list because you think they already have a definitive toy that would be hard to beat?

Who I would like to see done:
    Blackout with Skorponok: the Voyager toy was good but it needed a leader size figure without the rotation gimmick and with more articulation, weapons and detail. Skorponok could do with a quality non-transforming toy to accompany.

Ironhide: The leader version of this toy is pretty good, I felt that it could have been better articulated and that it's weapons weren't representative of the screen version.

Ratchet: The original Voyager is probably still one of the best versions of this character, again, I'd like to see something a bit larger with better articulation.

Megatron: I think the best realisation of Megatron in the movies was probably the tanker in Dark of the moon (I'm yet to see #5) The voyager toy was good but man I'd love to see it realised as a larger Masterpiece.

Bonecrusher: Another example of a toy that just wasn't big enough, this needs to be a leader size MP that rivals the size of Prime.

Brawl: Again, the leader toy was very neat but it could use a solid update with significantly better articulation, get rid of the electronics and use the space to improve Transformation.

Jazz: but only because I'm a Jazz fan and I haven't opened my HA Jazz yet to have an opinion about that figure.

Frenzy: poor bastard never got a good toy and it would be hard to do.

Jetfire: I regrettably am yet to open my Leader Jetfire as well but if HasTak made a Masterpiece version of this along the lines of masterpiece Starscream with little to no robot kibble in vehicle mode, and I'd be unable to say no.

Demolisher: An awesome Robot Mode, I'd love to see this realised in a larger format with more articulation and screen accurate details. It's this sort of off the wall, 'Alien' Robot mode that I found really interesting with some of the movie characters.

I think Sentinel Prime, doesn't really need an update except maybe for articulation. Any one of the other autobot or decepticon cars are worthy of an MP Redo but these ones above I think would suit my shelf the best.

Ravage and Reedman, other small characters that never transformed into anything could use quality figurines but they don't need to transform.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Blackout, Brawl and Bonecrusher.

Grimlock, Slag & Strafe...in fact all of the dinobots

Leader Starscream is great. Leader Brawl is good enough IMO.

I'm not a huge Bayformers fan, and haven't seen most of the movies, buuut...

Blackout. He's meant to be huge and hulking, and the design was pretty cool.

Dark of the Moon Laserbeak, with an actual alt-mode. He was a pretty neat character.

Barricade. Barricade was an interesting concept we hadn't really seen before, and has become a fairly iconic character for the franchise. Plus it'd match the MPM Bumblebee.

Bonecrusher. To round out the original Movie Decepticons.

Dispensor. Because it'd be cool.

Barricade im a barricade fan, and so i can let go my HA KO version (means give to the kids as they love police cars and fire engines)

I only voted 3

Jazz my favourite, but also would be an improvement on HA Jazz which has a not great lumpy robot mode silhouette and backpack. Maybe they'd give him decent arms instead of paddle boards for once.

Ironhide & Rachet just to round out the Autobot cast from the first movie, plus I still like them better than the other Autobots that showed up in the sequels. At least Ratchet could be improved but I remember leader Ironhide being a pretty solid figure.

I didn't vote for Barricade, but seeing Odie's comment just now I agree with all of it and it would be a good match for MPM Bee.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

I picked Ironhide, Blackout and Other.

The other being ROTF Long Haul.

Apart from Prime and Barricade, those are the only movie designs that interest me.

Unique Toys has Lockdown covered.

I'm actually a little surprised that we're getting third party movie figures and one of them isn't a leader class Blackout.

Maybe Sideswipe.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Here's my top 3:

3. Ratchet (2007): This mould is 10 years old now....He needs and upgrade. BAD.

2. Megatron (2007): From what I've heard from some fans, it seems that Hasbro did not do Megatron's original movie form justice when it got the leader class treatment. With the technological advancement of toy production 10 years after the first movie, I belive Takara and Hasbro have the potential to breathe new life into '07 Movie Megatron.

1. Blackout: He was the biggest Transformer in the 2007 movie, with a cool design to empower this characteristic. The SOCCENT Base attack was a prominent example of how he was depicted as an imminent threat, back when human firepower could only make a small dent. While his voyager figure was average, it failed to capture him in a larger scale. HE should've gotten a leader class figure instead of Brawl. This is definately an oppertunity to do Blackout justice, to make us relive the first time we saw Michael Bay's Transformers come to life in that second teaser. It's a oppertunity I hope Hasbro and Takara do not miss out on.

Honerable Mentions (They should get the masterpiece treatment too): Barricade (2007/2011), Brawl, Jazz, Ironhide, Bonecrusher, Optimus and Starscream Protoform (I know most would probably think that it's a stupid idea but I'm kinda interested), Starscream (2007)

"Autobots, roll out!"
    "We rollin'"

Top five:

Megatron: DOTM truck Megatron always needed a Leader toy, but I'll settle for an MP version.

Ratchet: the original voyager wasn't bad but clunky to transform (that torso twist). I'd like to see a better version in original movie design.

Sideswipe: my favourite deluxe version (sidearm) doesn't have his blades. The HA version was a bit too bulky for this guy.

Mixmaster: the voyager was so painful, a MP might be able to pull off this triple-changer well (I wouldn't mind that he won't combine).

Blackout: I'd echo what most say above, but I would want him to include a Scorponok that actually transforms out of his engines.

Next five: Rampage, Hot Rod, Sentinel Prime, Brawl, Sideways

FatalityPitt Guest

I voted Hot Rod, Soundwave and Megatron (both DotM versions). Those are the Movie MPs I'd buy if they made them and I had the funds.