Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Transformers product pallet at BigW

Default New Transformers product pallet at BigW

A month after small product pallets were appearing at Woolworths with some new Transformers toys, bigger ones are showing up at BigW stores, with the wave 2 Movie Deluxes, and wave 3 Movie 1-steps (which were had only recently been found at some Target stores last month).

Wave 2 Movie Deluxes are Drift, Slug, Steelbane and Sqweeks.
    Wave 2 Movie 1-steps are Drift, Scorn and Cogman.
    The pallet also includes some recent RID toys as well, but nothing new for Australia.

The Woolworths product pallet from last month, which can still be found in some stores, containing the wave 2 Movie Legions...

Which are some of the better legion figures? For $8 i could get another work deskbot.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I like the Megatron one. It looks good in both modes and is a good transformation.

Griff, this PDQ is not new as it was from the Toy Sale. We got one at the Big W I work at in June. They have continued to be used by some stores past the Toy Sale as a generic Transformers display.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Griff, this PDQ is not new as it was from the Toy Sale. We got one at the Big W I work at in June. They have continued to be used by some stores past the Toy Sale as a generic Transformers display.
    The cardboard display may be the same as from the June sales, but I think these ones would be a new batch from Hasbro to the stores, because it looked to be pre-packed and some of these toys were not released in June anywhere yet. While the one I saw at Garden City was new for them (they didn't have it at the June sale), and previous years they have disposed of them as soon as they sale ended.
    (I could be wrong though... )

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The cardboard display may be the same as from the June sales, but I think these ones would be a new batch from Hasbro to the stores, because it looked to be pre-packed and some of these toys were not released in June anywhere yet. While the one I saw at Garden City was new for them (they didn't have it at the June sale), and previous years they have disposed of them as soon as they sale ended.
    (I could be wrong though... )
    The fact that some of the bays are picked over would suggest it's not new. They come completely packed 100% full.

It's possible, especially if your store had kept theirs all this time.
    Someone on facebook mentioned that they saw one empty with the master cartons still in front of it, so maybe stores who already had one, and were willing to sit on it for four months, are reusing it, or stores like this one that never had it before this week, were sent out a new one (or sent out a flat-packed one with stock to fill it with). It's just that this store that I check almost weekly, didn't get this thing in during the June sale, or before this week, so must have just received it (empty or full).
    I'm surprised that the one in your store has survived so long. Usually, being cardboard, those product pallets get damaged or destroyed by kids and customers within four weeks of being out on the floor (this one didn't have any damage at all).

While I was there, I had to wait about four minutes to take that photo because a 6 year old-ish kid was pulling out all the toys to see what was at the back of each alcove (I straightened up some for the photo, but left the older products, which is why it still looks half empty and a mess). It probably doesn't take long for a few kids, and collectors, on a weekend to make it a mess, and I think it would have been there since Friday (that photo was taken Sunday afternoon).

Was wondering if we were ever going to get the wave 2 deluxes. Been waiting to get drift

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Where's blitzwing dangit?
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Where's blitzwing dangit?
    I got tired of waiting and ended up ordering Blitzwing and Octane from Amazon.