Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which figures would you like to see repurposed?

Default Which figures would you like to see repurposed?

Are there any figures you can think of that would be a great representation of somebody else with the right mods? Something you wish Hasbro would do?

For example, I think with a slight retool the Prime Vehicon would make a near perfect MTMTE Rodimus and a passable MTMTE Chromedome.

I could see Voyager Prime Dreadwing/Skyquake being retooled into a decent sized Thunderwing.

...only to be not released in Australia.

+ Ser-Ket - repaint of Ripclaw. Total no-brainer (but will Hasbro do it?!)
    + TFP Deluxe Bumblebee's head on a Cliffjumper body - repaint - TFP Bumblejumper
    + Deluxe Tailgate (repaint of TFPRiD Cliffie)
    + Relic Hunter Megatron - TFPRiD Megatron with retooled/repainted right forearm. Similar concept to TakTOM's Final Battle Megatron, but with an actual remould of the right arm. Although honestly I wouldn't mind if Hasbro just did a straight repaint either (but a retool would have better chances of selling).
    + Elite Jet Vehicon Mk I - the first version of the silver Jet Vehicon but with a different head (black with single red eye).
    + TFP Cryotek - repaint of TFP Ultimate Predaking. Go on Hasbro, gimme an excuse to buy this mould.
    + TFP Frenzy - repaint of TFPRiD Rumble. Yeah alright, make him red (since Rumble's already blue)
    + TFP Enemy - repaint of AM Frumble. Gives Hasbro a chance to release TakTOM's retool of Rumble. Might be better off as a store or event exclusive though given the obscure nature of the character.
    + TFP Hubcap - repaint of FE Cliffjumper w/ new head.
    + TFP Starscream's Clones - like w/ Animated, his clones should be done in the colours of Thundercracker, Skywarp, Ramjet, Thrust, Dirge, Sunstorm, Acidstorm, Blizzardstorm, [strike]Slipstream[/url]... and the tech specs bio should specify that they're his clones as seen in the cartoon. Unlike Animated the toys would all be in the same scale! I would prefer Deluxe personally, just cos I already got AM Skywarp and Thundercracker who are Deluxes. But in all honesty if I were Hasbro, I'd go Commander (smaller/cheaper toys being more likely to sell).
    + TFP Makeshift - repaint of TFPRiD Wheeljack in Slicer's colours. Yes, I know that Makeshift didn't have a different paintjob in the cartoon, but one just suspends disbelief -- just like Faker in Masters of the Universe! (looked identical to He-Man in the cartoon, but looked likean oversized Smurf on 'roids as an action figure ).

I actually used to have a list of different figures who could be retooled as the new representations of G1 characters - then Hasbro came out with the Classics/Generations line and made the majority of my list moot

honestly, not trying to kill you're thread, I'd much rather see a new mold for a different character every time.

clones are an interesting idea, like the vehicons, I like the idea of multiple variations of them.

and repaints representing g1 repaints, I generally dig, but using a mold to create a character that has a different vehicle style/type/design, for the sake of not choosing a new vehicle mode to more accurately/interestingly represent a character doesn't Jibe well with me.

eg: I was expecting the cyberverse commander trailcutter to be a new mold, I was pretty dissapointed to see that it's a re-tool of the ironhide mold.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    honestly, not trying to kill you're thread, I'd much rather see a new mold for a different character every time.
    Not going to happen. And toys like Wheeljack and Tracks have proven it's simply not necessary. Those that absolutely do need their own get them, but, really new mold for each character hasn't been a thing since like ever.

If we're just talking about new-ish toys redecoed as older characters then:

Drift as Override from Transformers: Cybertron. With Blurr's guns I guess.

Universe Onslaught as Snaptrap.

Generations Hot Spot as Toxitron.

I would like that a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
    Universe Onslaught as Snaptrap.
    Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    Not going to happen. And toys like Wheeljack and Tracks have proven it's simply not necessary. Those that absolutely do need their own get them, but, really new mold for each character hasn't been a thing since like ever.
    I totally agree, it's not going to ever happen, except over time through the need to keep producing something to sell, they will cycle back through characters and make repaints of different characters instead.

but for sure, I agree they will always be doing repaints in some way, it's just good business sense.

I liked Tracks and Wheeljack, but Wheeljacks vehicle mode was a bit meh, the lancia stratos was a much sharper car than a corvette, as much as the robot modes worked really well, the vehicle modes didn't cross over so well.

I do agree, with you, it's unavoidable, I just prefer new moulds that are purpose built for each character.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Redecos are also important for HasTak to get more value of the moulds they develop and also keep the cost of toys at a relatively affordable level. I don't think most fans object to redecos per se, but so long as the redecos are done thoughtfully rather than "shoehorning" or worse still, the complete random/meaningless redeco.