Page 264 of 467 FirstFirst ... 244254259260261262263264265266267268269274284 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

@Kup

Gamecubes are quite cheap now (thanks to the backwards compatibility with Wii basically destroying the second hand market I'd imagine). I got one about 18 months ago for under $50, with controller memory card and cables.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    Imgur is always my go to place.
    Cheers, I went back to flickr, its not an ideal solution but it will do the job.

I've uploaded another episode to my Great Gaming Moments series on youtube. Erm, can't remember if I plugged this here yet. Possibly not, coz I'm such a modest guy. But here we go, check it out please

Great Gaming Moments Episode 5: Raiden's big Guns!
    Enjoy

Got a few games recently, not much time to play them though! The other week Phantasy Star Nova arrived for Vita... have already sunk 15 hours or so into the demo version of that and will continue my save soon.

Then today, I bought the just released Resogun port for Vita too, along with After Burner Climax for PS3... Sega's licenses for the planes expired so it was getting delisted, i managed to get it just in time (should have bought it years ago). Licenses suck! They've delisted Sega Rally, Outrun, and now this... Daytona will surely be next, thankfully i've already got that

After Burner Climax is a blast! I'm really pumped to get 3D After Burner 2 for 3DS when it comes out early next year sometime, after being out in Japan for about a year already... now that i can play with 3d on thanks to New 3DS' much improved display, it's gonna be awesome!

Omg. I can't belive theyve delisted Outrun!! That is like the classic Sega game. Thats a sad state of affairs and definitely a bad thibg about all these dl only games.

Apparently marvel characters were lost so marvel vs capcom and alk those games were taken off too. Including Deadpool after a year or so (although no great loss there), but I'm concerned about losing good games in the future that are dl only games. I discovered before i left Japan that Final Fight from the psn required and active Internet connection to play the game. Even if you were just going to play it by yourself. That type of crap really annoys me, especially since I had paid for it. So it made me wonder WHAT exactly I had paid for.

Been having fun restoring an old Sega Master System 2 over the past week and a bit, sadly I neglected to take photos of the external of the console BEFORE I cleaned it up - Here's what awaited me internally though!

Bloody thing was encrusted with dust, dirt and cockroach excrement including the odd egg or two...

After scrubbing everything, except the PCB, with ALDI baby wipes and very-VERY gently brushing some cockroach crap away from a spot on the PCB, as well as a pair of little doo-dads, the console came out looking pretty damn good I reckon for 4 & a bit hours effort.

Here's a closer look at all the parts comprising the 26 year old system:

I've since purchased a straight through RCA to RFU cable to negate the original RF Switch Box, tuning the console into the TV via an Analogue Aerial signal was certainly a trip down memory lane but alas, although I've got perfect visuals - I've not got any Audio and I've tested it on 2 separate televisions.

I've got a pair of original Master System controllers on their way (As the console only came with a dinky 3rd Party Atari 2600 Joystick ) along with a copy of Streets of Rage for Master System!

I think I'll have to track down a business or an electrician with experience to see if I can get the System repaired so that it outputs Audio once more, might be a little hard given its age but you never know eh?

Also, as an early Xmas present to myself, I picked up an Original PSX for $50!

I had to pickup an Official PS1 Dualshock controller from a local "Cash Converters"-type business, along with a pair of memory cards, as the console came with none of these and I also gave it a good goings over with the good 'ole ALDI baby wipes once again.

The beast is International & Backup Game ready () and works like an absolute dream!

I tested it and its laser out 1st by playing the full duration of an hour length audio CD, absolutely no hiccups.

Next up was a test with an Official game disc, of which the only game included at all was an original Demo Disc! - One that just happened to be the exact same as was included with my original PSX my Brothers and I received for Xmas roughly 16 years ago!

It was the Demo Disc that had the ocean/water-themed menu system, bouncing out between a Starfish and Seahorse etc - The playable games were Kula World, Gran Turismo and Tekken 3!

With that working for a solid hour and a bit, the menu spazzing out as a result of a view scratches on the disc which caused model deformations and hangs , it was time to test a Backup game...

I tested a number, but the one I got stuck playing was actually one of the 2 original games my Father bought for us with our original system - Spyro The Dragon.

So after a few hours play over the course of a week and a bit, I've been REALLY enjoying getting back into and completing Spyro - I was quite amazed at how quickly my muscle memory kicked back in after over a decade of not having played the console or game for that matter!

The PS1 had SO many awesome games to its catalogue, I'm quite chuffed that I'll have an opportunity to go back and play a number of them now - Firmly in my sights for the immediate future though is Tombi.

Awesome job Hursti!

That Mastersystem ended up looking as new! I usually don't bother with baby wipes unless it is the motherboard - For the plastic shells, I just wash them like dishes in the bathroom sink with laundry detergent - Since it's all plastic, no chance of damage and the soap soft enough not to erase anything painted on. Comes out nice and clean and since its submerged in water and scrubbed, it gets to all the corners and lines.

For the Antenna cable to RCA thing - I tried modding a Japanese Famicom on that and did not work out too well - No damage to the console but no success to getting it working on a modern TV either.

Also not long ago, I also bought a PS1 fairly cheaply - It is cool as I see it as a successor to the SNES given the history and the fact it uses what is essentially Nintendo technology.

I treated myself to this little baby

For those unfamiliar, this is the go-to upscaler for SD consoles. Truly a miracle worker, cleans up the image so well you could cut yourself on those razor sharp pixels.

I bought an elgato game capture device a while ago for recording some Saturn footage. As a side bonus it somehow magically fixes the picture of my Saturn on the tv I use. Fixes that pixeklation nicely.

I also tried turning my mega drive to my tv via the rf cable on the lcd and couldn't get a picture... There was no manual tuning, so I was curious as to whether the old rf system just doesn't work at all anymore (theoretically it should shouldn't it?) Or if the cable was just buggered.

Oh well.
    How much did that upscaler doodad set you back Kup?

Oh and great work on that master system Hursty!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I bought an elgato game capture device a while ago for recording some Saturn footage. As a side bonus it somehow magically fixes the picture of my Saturn on the tv I use. Fixes that pixeklation nicely.

I also tried turning my mega drive to my tv via the rf cable on the lcd and couldn't get a picture... There was no manual tuning, so I was curious as to whether the old rf system just doesn't work at all anymore (theoretically it should shouldn't it?) Or if the cable was just buggered.

Oh well.
    How much did that upscaler doodad set you back Kup?

Oh and great work on that master system Hursty!
    The capture probably fixes the Saturn image due to it's 240p interpretation. Most modern TVs read 240p as a 480i image (that modern TVs already have trouble with) this chain of conversion using crappy composite video cables results in the horrible image.

Get yourself some mega drive composite cables from eBay, that'll do the trick.

The upscaler I bought cost me about $370.